cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to turn on and off Plane mode to connect to data

Naoki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

When I'm outside without Wifi and want to connect to the Web, I have difficulties connecting to data. To make them work I need to enable then disable Plane mode (even just enabling it for a second is enough). Then my phone is going to connect to data. Sometimes, it's going to work only for the specific app opened. For example, if I'm on Chrome, I turn on/off Plane mode, the phone connects to the data and I can browse the Web. But if I want to open the Reddit app, I will have to do this process again.

I have a Poco X3, and this issue has been hapening since I started using Public Mobile three years ago.

How do I fix this? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

hi @Naoki is the network mode showing 3G only? Also, the top of the screen, the status bar, should show 3G or HPSA (should not show 4G or LTE)

but you will better off with another phone 

Naoki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the reply.

I already set up my phone to use 3G instead, but not sure if it's actually using that.

@Naoki just to clarify, the phone is not fully incompatible with PM, it is still partially compatible l, that's why it does work sometimes, just not working well

The phone has some compatible 4G bands (b2, 4, 5, 7) but not enough for a stable connection 

It does have both 3G bands PM needs, so it will be more stable with 3G, just not as fast, but could still get around 10 - 15 Mbps if you have a 4G speed plan

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Naoki 

Because the phone isn't supported with Public Mobile, the only real option you can try is to go into your network settings and do a reset and then reboot your phone. Sadly with the phone not being supported, you won't get much support with PM help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Naoki I think it is a phone problem.  I think Poco X3 is not fully compatible with PM Network and hence the 4G or LTE does not connect all the time.  It is better to change to a North American model phone

for now, try changing the network mode to 3G and it should connect better 

Need Help? Let's chat.