cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Cridsdale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently moved from public mobile over to Telus and I would like a refund on my $37 or $35 please and thank you

14 REPLIES 14

Vmaka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks will do

@Vmaka wrote:

Had similar issue. Got pre charged on my credit card before the next payment due date. While I was porting number to another carrier. I called credit card company and they could not put a hold on the pre authorized payment. I tried logging in to the public mobile site and I was denied access. How can I get my money back from public mobile?

You may not be able to @Vmaka 

But only CSA can really answer that. Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Vmaka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had similar issue. Got pre charged on my credit card before the next payment due date. While I was porting number to another carrier. I called credit card company and they could not put a hold on the pre authorized payment. I tried logging in to the public mobile site and I was denied access. How can I get my money back from public mobile?

@Cridsdale    Can you delay your move to Telus until you're near the end of your PM cycle?   Otherwise your best option is to discuss the issue with a Telus rep. to see what they may offer (if anything) for what you've prepaid to PM.

I'd also suggest that you remove any payment card from your account before you leave as once you port out you lose access to your account.

@Cridsdale wrote:

But I'm not with telus right now I am switching over to Telus

But you said

Yummy_0-1648052304235.png

meaning you moved - all done? Confusing... What @dabr tried to suggest is since it is the same Family (Telus/PM) maybe Telus could transfer PM funds to new Telus account, but I doubt it will work like that. Never hurts to try, though...

Cridsdale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But I'm not with telus right now I am switching over to Telus

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When I left a few years ago, I spoke with CS to see if I could get the balance I had available transferred to my new koodo account and unfortunately it couldn't be done. Back then they did allow for you to transfer it t to another PM account (which is what I did) , but apparently they stopped that as well.wlthough some of said you could always try with a CS Agent but it would be a case by case thing, and far from any guarantees. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No prepaid plan will ever give you a refund. 

You should have:

1. Removed your auto pay set up right after your last PM payment. 

2. Should have depleted your balance if any. 

3. Moved to Telus, with zero balance at PM, around 7 days before your 30 day term was up. 

@0077 wrote:

@Cridsdale 

Send a private message to the CS_Agent, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS_Agent will reply and work with you via message*

Hi @0077  (@S--S), you are here long enough to know there is no refund.  what is the purpose to open the ticket?

@Cridsdale  Don't want to give you false hope, You won't be getting refund even you open ticket with PM 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public doesn't pro-rate on a prepaid plan. If you left a balance behind then maybe Telus might do something. If the balance is made of rewards then not likely. If you put in actual money then maybe. But not abandoned prepaid value. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no refund for pre-paid PM service.

You should port your number last day before renewal 😞

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As PM is a Prepaid service...you're likely NOT going to be successful in getting a refund. Sorry.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Cridsdale    You should ask Telus for a refund or some sort of account credit since Telus is the parent company of PM and you are now with them.  PM is prepaid and doesn't offer refunds except in rare cases.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cridsdale   Sorry, PM is prepaid and would not provide refund if you cancelled your account and still have fund in the account

Since Telus owns PM, maybe you can check with Telus support and see if they can offer you any compensation., maybe free Telus points?

Need Help? Let's chat.