cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund request

edcunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why did PM automatically started a new cycle?

I have disabled my pre-authorized payments.

Please provide refund

12 REPLIES 12

HI @edcunn   

Please do not wait till last day of your cycle on the old carrier to request porting.  Sometimes there are hiccups and it will dalay.  Try to do it 2 or 3 days before 

And sound like you are on prepaid too with your old carrier?  If you have postpaid plan with old carrier, you don't really care when to port as they will refund the rest of the cycle 

@edcunn Wrote: 

1. I wanted to port my number into PM

2. I was instructed by your agent that I have to activate my previous provider, and then redo porting

3. This means I will have to top up for a 1 month plan

4. If I'm going to top up for a 1 month plan anyway, I might as well use the old provider for the month

5. But for some reason, PM has auto renewed, despite me disabling pre-authorized payments

6. So I would like a refund, because I did not approve of this transaction.

That's the way it is. When I ported Rogers phone number to PM , I had to be keep Rogers's account activated that means I had to pay one month charge to Rogers. Then when PM successful ported Rogers cell phone number to PM, PM immediately charged me, because PM is pre-paid service. So I had to pay 2 month charges.

If you chose the previously provider renew date to ported to PM, you may not to pay charge to the previously provider.

@edcunn wrote:

I am also trying to submit a ticket, but I am experiencing login issues, because my community username and password isn't working?

How is this even possible

@edcunn   You are already using your Community username and posting here

Anyway, if you have trouble with Chatbot to open ticket , just message them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@edcunn  Thanks for explaining the situation

As mentioned above, you have to discuss with PM Support and see what can they do.  PM is prepaid provider and do not provide refund normally.   It is hard to prove if you turned off the Pre-Authorized payment before the renewal date, so be aware it is a tough fight and good luck.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@edcunn 

Ask the agents to credit your PM account instead of asking for a refund. 

edcunn

I am also trying to submit a ticket, but I am experiencing login issues, because my community username and password isn't working?

How is this even possible

edcunn

1. I wanted to port my number into PM

2. I was instructed by your agent that I have to activate my previous provider, and then redo porting

3. This means I will have to top up for a 1 month plan

4. If I'm going to top up for a 1 month plan anyway, I might as well use the old provider for the month

5. But for some reason, PM has auto renewed, despite me disabling pre-authorized payments

6. So I would like a refund, because I did not approve of this transaction.

@edcunn 

you were in your other post saying you want to port your number into PM

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Call-goes-straight-to-voicemail/td-p/9073...

Why would you need your PM account disabled now?  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@edcunn wrote:

I've turned off pre-authorized payments one month ago, when I started a cycle

Use the links provided by @softech above to contact an agent.

edcunn

I've turned off pre-authorized payments one month ago, when I started a cycle

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@edcunn   just a reminder, PM's cycle is 30 days and not the same day of every month.   So, maybe you disable Pre-Authorized payments after the current cycle started?  

You can try to discuss your situation with PM.  .   PM is a prepaid provider and they don't usually provide refund unless you can provide them solid proof.  However, situation like this is hard to prove..

To open ticket with PM support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@edcunn 

Renewal cycles are every 30 days. Can you log into self service or call 611 from your phone to confirm Autopay was turned off before your renewal date?

Need Help? Let's chat.