cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call goes straight to voicemail

edcunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched my provider to PM a month ago.

I can make calls, but when my friends try to call me, it gets forwarded to voicemail immediately.

Can someone help me trouble shoot this?

7 REPLIES 7

@edcunn wrote:

I've checked my old SIM, my account is current expired. What should I do next?

I was told to top up and make it active, just to move it to PM again.

I've already topped up 5 CAD, and my old provider is still expired.

Who is your old provider? You'll have to get the old provider plan back to an "active" state to be able to put your old SIM in your phone to port out your number, and successfully receive & respond to the port-out confirmation text. It's possible $5 isnt enough to reinstate service. If you indicate which provider it is, someone here may have an idea of how that provider works, otherwise you may have to contact the customer support of the old provider to ask what specifically you need to do.

If you don't care about your old number and are OK with choosing a new number from Public Mobile, you can do so in the "My account" portal by choosing to "change number" for free.

@edcunn wrote:

@edcunn   not sure I understand your situation

Your other post said PM renewed the cycle even your Pre-auth. payments was disabled

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Refund-request/m-p/907613

In order for you to be able to port into PM , your PM accounts needs to be active.  So, isn't that PM renewed your account was correct and you don't need to ask for refund?

@edcunn wrote:

Who is your old provider?  shouldn't you talk to them on this?

edcunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@edcunnTo confirm if your number port was successful and you have not taken any direct action to cancel your old service (which the porting is supposed to take care of), you might want to try your old SIM in your phone and see if by chance it still has service. If so, your old service is active and the number was not actually ported. In this case you'll need to open a ticket with the CS agents to retry the port -- This time, leave the old provider SIM in your phone so that you can receive the confirmation text and reply YES to it within 90 minutes.

Otherwise you'll have to open a ticket with CS agents anyway to see what might be the issue.

For good measure to make sure there isn't any inadvertent call forwarding issue going on, dial the following codes to reset those:

##21#

##004#

Also try calling from some other other lines, ie download the free TextNow app which will give you a canadian number you can test calling from as well. Once the account has been set up, you can login to the account and make a call from a browser on the computer so you're not doing both on the same device...

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your phone settings. Do you have focus turned on?  Do a Google search for your phone and this issue. There are settings that could cause this. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@edcunn   do you know if the voicemail is the VM from your previous carrier?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@edcunn   Sounds like your port request didn't get done right.  I'll send you a phone number to call for help with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.