cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral credit and transferring phone number

notchman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My friend wants to join public mobile and I will give them my PM referral code.
But he wants to transfer his existing phone number after.

If he joins PM using my referral code while getting a new phone number he should get a $10 credit and I should get the referral reward.

But what happens when he transfers in his existing phone number, do I keep the referral reward?

I am asking because if you look at the PM website, the referral rewards list the last 4 digits of the phone number that signed up using my referral code.
So what happens if they change their phone number? Do I lose the referral reward?

6 REPLIES 6

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@notchman1 wrote:

Does he have to wait 30 days before he can transfer in his existing number?

Or can he do it a day after getting the temp phone number?

@notchman1  He can do it anytime.  I'd recommend getting the account set up with a new number.  Confirm the new number works inbound and outbound with PM SIM.  Then anytime after that port over the old number.  Make sure to still have the SIM in the phone from the old provider so you say yes if you get a text message from old provider asking if it's OK to port out the old number. 

HI @notchman1 

no , no need to wait 30 days or so to transfer

notchman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does he have to wait 30 days before he can transfer in his existing number?

Or can he do it a day after getting the temp phone number?

JefffL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What matters is whether your friend's Public Mobile account is ordered the plan using your referral code, and the phone number doesn't matter because the it can be changed at any time.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@notchman1 You're all good.  Your friend can port a number or choose a new number and doesn't matter, you'll still be the referrer.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@notchman1 Once your friend uses your referral code it stays on the account regardless of how many times they change numbers or plans. So no worries.

Need Help? Let's chat.