cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Reward Discrepancies -- Any one else?

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have 3 accounts on the old rewards system. 

2 accounts show $1 less for my referals in the payment process. Why?

Here is an example of made up numbers. 

When I log into My Rewards I see:

13 numbers and it says $13 as well

When I log into My Account "Payments" I see the next payment (all things being equal) will have a $13 referral credit. 

BUT.....when the payment happens every 30 days I only get $12 in credits for referrals. 

This has happened 2 months in a row on 2 of my accounts. 

30 REPLIES 30

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

Too late plus I killed two birds with one stone.

I can confirm that my rewards list 11 referrals as does my estimated payment list $11. However I have 1 referral suspended for non payment that was suspended during my last renewal or rather when referral rewards were applied and I only recieved $10 in referral rewards.

If this has occurred more than 3 renewals in a row and if it's unlikely that one referral reactivated while another suspended then I @gpixel 's theory rings true. But you can only confirm that by testing and moving your renewal date. Since rewards are now applied the day before you won't lose any rewards if you allow autopay to fail by putting your card on hold during renewal.......if and when you so choose to do so? You would only be out of service for 12 to 15 hours most likely....?

Anyhow there you have it.

Grinch

No it’s ok. Thanks for offering. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

I get that too when I know one of the accounts is suspended but I can also double check that right now if you like?

Grinch

Hi. @maximum_gato 

Not sure if I want to play with my account that way. Having other on line challenges right now that are more urgent. 

In my rewards I will see 

14 phone numbers and $14

To me if a suspend was in place it would show 14 phone numbers and $13. 

What fully then befuddles me is, in my account it shows the estimated next payment with a $14 referral credit. And to me that is a confirmation that there is no suspend in place. 

But month after month my actual payment will only show a referral credit of $13. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

You are assuming  your referrals have not been suspended at anytime. Maybe one of them has been suspended and reactivated on your renewal day*.

Can you spare the phone service for one day? Unsubscribe for the day ( You may still keep active service up until 9am pacific if renewals run late) then pay and reactivate at 9:01pm pacific that evening to move your renewal day forward by one day. This will test @gpixel 's theory and may fix the issue?

*Remember it was earlier this spring that the rewards application changed from just after midnight on your renewal night to the afternoon on day 29 of your 30 day cycle. 

Grinch

I am afraid not. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

So do you have an update?

@Grinch 

I don't think so.  Happened on 2 accounts 2 or more months in a row. sounds like you have a referral  with the same renewal date as yours

And why does My Account "payments" consistently show to expect a $13 credit....before, on, and after my 30 day payment. 

because when an account renews using auto pay it typically deactivates and then reactivates the service. the system thinks the account is deactivated and doesn't apply the reward. I found this out through activating a referral on the same date my account renewed. the next month I had the issue you are describing. it could also be a referral that left PM and the system hasn't updated yet

@will13am wrote:

How are customers to check for and prove this?  If this is indeed the glitch then monthly follow-up is needed.  

In many cases, I would say that customers wouldn't even know if they reward payment was accurate.  After a few referrals, I would simply lose track. For complete accuracy, one would have to ask each referral about the status of their accounts.

How are customers to check for and prove this?  If this is indeed the glitch then monthly follow-up is needed.  

Grinch

Please do tell.  A buck or a permanent fix. I'll bet you a buck that............

Thanks for your reiteration.  

@Grinch- I don't know if you saw my earlier replies here, I have 3 accounts and two have referrals and just renewed and one had this same problem as you. The other was fine. I asked support and they added the dollar. I'll see what will happen next renewal.

Grinch

I don't think so.  Happened on 2 accounts 2 or more months in a row. 

And why does My Account "payments" consistently show to expect a $13 credit....before, on, and after my 30 day payment. And I do check throughout the month as well. 

@Handy1 Good to know - thanks.

@DennyCrane referrals are paid out every 30 days even on a 90 day plan 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Just speculating here, but is it possible one of your referrals switched to a 90 ay subscription and then your referral rewards also go to once every 90 days as well? I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work or not, but just throwing that out there. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Flavius made it all good. And fast. We'll see what happens for the next renewal.

@gpixel- Interesting.

Grinch

I'll check that out. Interesting. 

NOPE, I had one close to it an ran excel with the date +30 and did not come close. 

This account only has 57% retention. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

in my experience that issue happens when a referrals renewal date is the same as mine. if it's been multiple months that could possibly be the reason

Grinch

Maybe if more of us have the same issue......they can run a "job" or" fix a programming error"  (<= which I doubt there would be one) if there is one. 

I do work hard at getting more customer for PM.....

Grinch

@softech 

NOPE!!!

Like I say before, on and after my rewards say 13 numbers and $13 AND in My Account under Payments it shows a $13 referral credit. What is wrong.....I only get $12 for credits on my billing. 

The only weird thing that I can think of....is.....PM has capped the rewards to not exceed your plan amount....not true as other accounts still yield more than my payment. 

Grinch

@Handy1 

Nooooooo way. 

Grinch

@will13am 

Thats a good way of looking at it.  "It is better for the mental health to pretend nothing is wrong." 

I have been here long enough to know to NOT go to a CSA for this. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have a one referral discrepancy in 2 accounts.  It is not like customers can really track and prove out the number of active referrals.  To be honest, it is a waste of my time to chase down the lost referral.  I tried recovering lost rewards from a transition to 30 day plan from 90 day plan and failed miserably.  The CSAs only care to read from a script, "there is nothing wrong with the reward system".  It is better for the mental health to pretend nothing is wrong.  

I had a thinking that my last renewal was down a referral. I just thought oh well I guess somebody left. But yes I see one more in the rewards and future payment and only got paid one less in my last renewal. Well. Support it is.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Grinch it could show $13 at My Rewards but only give you $12 rewards during renewal because one of your referral have the account suspended at that moment. But if any referral left from porting, then the drop will reflect at My Rewards immediately 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I actually had this issue I think a few weeks back. Then after a few days it cleared up. 

@Grinch  Then get support to investigate 

Grinch

How can that be?. 

My Rewards shows 13 numbers and $13. 

My Account payments shows to expect a $13 credit. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch  I’ve not noticed this myself . Is it possible one of your referrals account is suspended 

Need Help? Let's chat.