cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently transferred phone # on Jan 16 still not receiving incoming calls

Jaskg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my phone number on Jan 16. Since then I’ve been unable to receive incoming calls. 

Update Jan 25,2022: It was a porting issue. Once I called the # they resent the request to authorize changing numbers and providers. The phone was working within the hour. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and support!

10 REPLIES 10

Jaskg

Msged the # to you. Hope this works for you as well!

Jaskg

Thank you for offering a solution! It was a porting issue and it was resolved when the # change request was resent. All resolved!

Mikeinwind

Can you please message me the number as well?   Thank you.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jaskg wrote:

I transferred my phone number on Jan 16. Since then I’ve been unable to receive incoming calls. 

@Jaskg  - have you tried any of the below?

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaskg 

I just sent you a private message with a phone number you can call just to confirm that your porting request was completed successfully. If calling that number does not resolve your issue, the only other way to get support from PM would be to send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jaskg 

1. What info did you use to port?
  2. Are you porting in a voip or landline? They can take 7+ days.
  3. Are you transferring from pc mobile or koodo prepaid? (Unlikely)
  4. Is your old account and/or services still active?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Jaskg wrote:

Yes, I did receive a text from my previous provider with the # change request and I replied YES

@Jaskg   did you reply within 90 mins?

First try to reboot your phone and see how it goes

if still not working, call the number I just private message you 

Jaskg

Yes, I did receive a text from my previous provider with the # change request and I replied YES

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaskg   did you get a text from your previous provider and did you reply YES to it?

It looks to me it is a stuck port.  I will message you a phone number to call and get the porting status.  They can help to re-trigger the porting text.  Check the Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you texted yes to the number when you initiated the transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.