cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If an account has International and US minutes, when I call US where do they take the money from?

xrohrer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If an account has International minutes and US minutes when I call the US where do they take the money from? TIA!

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xrohrer 

Ask the CSA to open a ticket with the engineering department or tech team to see if they can recode the 2021 holiday add on the same as the 2020 holiday add on is coded.

Then take screenshots of your overview and add on usage page whenever you make calls to the US. This way if they fix the coding you can your holiday add on replenished and your US minutes deducted. 

Don't let them get away with the lazy answer....insist it get fixed for everyone.

@J_PM 

Can you look into getting this holiday add on gift recoded properly?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

xrohrer

Here is the reply: 

If it is the 500 minutes gift from December, it is applicable also for calls to the US and it seems to take precedence over the dedicated add-on.

[👍 ...... Luddite]

xrohrer

Thanks!

How long it takes for PM support to respond? I didn't hear anything yet. I made some US calls today and the money was taken from the international minutes, again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xrohrer 

Yes we would love to hear the follow up from the CSA and thanks for testing and confirming that the US calling minutes are coming out of the holiday add on. Long distance minute deductions should in theory follow the chart below.

@Anonymous 

In my mind it should go by price/value of the add on whether it was free or not should make no difference otherwise in theory Canada wide calling minutes would also deduct from the holiday add on instead of the $5/500 min Canada wide calling add on. This has to be a coding error that needs to be fixed by the tech team.

Previous to all of the new long distance add ons being introduced the three long distance add ons pm offered were coded to deduct minutes from the appropriately priced/listed add on with the slight exception of the $0.0025/min price difference of the old international calling add on vs the $8/US+Canada calling add on.

• $5/500 min Canada wide calling  - Canada wide calling would deduct from here first
  • $8/200 min US+Canada calling - US calling used first, Canada wide calling used second
  • $15/400 mim International+US/Canada calling - US calling second, Canada wide third

Any customer that has all of the "more is merrier" holiday add ons from the last few years and all of the old long distance add ons in addition to the the new $15/1000 min US calling should see minutes deduct as follows:

1. $5/500 min Canada wide calling* - Canada wide calling used first
  2. $15/1000 min US calling - US calling used first
  3. $8/200 min US+Canada wide calling - US calling used second, Canada calling used second
  4. $15/400 min International+US/Canada calling** - International first, US third, Canada third
  5. $0/500 min Holiday International+US/CAN calling*** - International 2nd, US 4th, CAN 5th
  6. $15/300 min International calling - International calling used third (last)

#1/  * used the same as any gifted Canada wide calling add ons priced at $0.01/min

#4/:** used the same as $0 Holiday International+US/CAN calling (2019 gift) at $0.0375/min

#5/ ***2021+2020 holiday gifts should be used the same despite different names and listing

Coding on the 2021 gifted holiday 500 min International+US/CAN calling add on needs to be coded the same way that the 2020 gifted holiday 500 min International+US/CAN calling add on has been.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

xrohrer

Will do!

Hi @xrohrer   Let us know what PM Support said.  Just want to confirm if this is the order currently setup on the system.  

xrohrer

Thank you! Just sent them a message. Hope it will be solved!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear this @xrohrer 

A quick private message to CS_Agent with your account details should hopefully get it resolved quickly

xrohrer

The international minutes were from the Holiday bonus in Dec.

@xrohrer wrote:

I add 1000 minutes US call and made a phone call. The money was taken from international minutes...

HI @xrohrer   you meant the Holiday bonus we got in Dec? or you have another International  minute add-on that you paid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xrohrer : Then there you go. You'll need to contact the CSA's to make it come out of the appropriate bucket.

(it's not directly money...it's minutes)

xrohrer

I add 1000 minutes US call and made a phone call. The money was taken from international minutes...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I struggle with this. I'm not sure it should be about the cost. I think it should be about the appropriateness. If I have individual add-ons and call that then it should come out of that bucket. If I have other add-ons that also cover that individual one then it should come after.

And then there're the gifts. So maybe it should be the cost. Those are "free". So use those up since they cover the individual. But it seems wrong. I dunno. I struggle. Nobody needs to care how I might struggle 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xrohrer 

There has been at least one customer reporting the holiday gift international minutes were being used before the $15 US minutes add on. I don't remember if they ever reported back if they fixed the coding. When you do use the minutes to call log into your account and observe which add on is being used. You may want to take screenshots of your overview page before and after just in case. If the more expensive minutes are being used contact customer support.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xrohrer 

First the US minutes would get used up since they're cheaper. Then the international minutes, once the US ones are used up. At least that is the expected behaviour.

There was a report of this not happening in the past, but if that re-occurs you should be able to contact one of PM's agents to have them rectify the error.

Need Help? Let's chat.