cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activation issue

Oludamilola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a sim to port my number to public mobile. It currently doesnt work.

Is there anything going on at the moment? Or do I wait till after June 16 to port my number in?

Anytime I try to port, it says it's unable to do so, and wants me to contact customer support.

Please help! 

14 REPLIES 14

@Oludamilola wrote:

Ok. Do I tell them I'm unable to port, or that the new sim does not work? 

@Oludamilola  

Tell them that your account was not set up properly and you have not service.  You can also tell them that the port failed.  The key first is to have a functioning PM account before you can initiate a port. 

(PS I will like move this over conversation to your own post)

Oludamilola

Ok. Do I tell them I'm unable to port, or that the new sim does not work? 

@Oludamilola 

Then you will need to contact customer service agent. Your account was not set up properly.  The telus team porting team will not be able to help. 

Either via the chatbot or via private message. Unfortunately, it will take a few hours for response. 

Oludamilola

There is no service in the new public mobile sim. I cannot even text out or call. 

@Oludamilola wrote:

Hi. I have the exact same issue.

My old carrier sim still works. 

I have tried to port using the account number and IMEI. But I'm still stuck at number 6. I'm always having to start again everytime I log in.

The plan I subscribed to was the $29 plan for 40GB.

Kindly help. What do I need to do? 

@Oludamilola 

What happens when you put your PM SIM card in your phone?  Any service at all?  If stuck port, you should be able to text out, call out and have working data.  Just unable to receive calls or texts. 

Oludamilola

Hi. I have the exact same issue.

My old carrier sim still works. 

I have tried to port using the account number and IMEI. But I'm still stuck at number 6. I'm always having to start again everytime I log in.

The plan I subscribed to was the $29 plan for 40GB.

Kindly help. What do I need to do? 

Oludamilola

The public mobile sim is not working at all. The lucky mobile sim still works.

I sent a ticket yesterday afternoon. I have not got a response. 

HI @Oludamilola 

your PM should at least able to make outbound calls even porting was not done.  But if the sim is not working at all, it is a setup problem.  Yes, submit ticket with agent was the right move.  Check your Community inbox for agent's reply ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ).  They should reply wtthin 4 hours.  If waited longer than that, message them again for update

Oludamilola

My old carrier and old sim still works.

I submitted a ticket earlier. 

@Oludamilola 

Did you submit a ticket for CSA help?  It will take a few hours to a day for response. 

Is your old carrier SIM card/service still working?  

Oludamilola

Ok. It has not been resolved. I cannot even log in anymore. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Oludamilola 

I moved your post from announcement  to your own post in the Support section.

Are you still having issues?  If CS_Agent has not responded yet, you might want to explain in more details of your situation so that we can help troubleshoot further. 

@Oludamilola   Send a private message to support using this link, an agent will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or tap your avatar to the right of the bell  icon for a drop down menu with Messages.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You can also try submitting a ticket at the chat icon  bottom right of this page which is the preferred method but it can be a bit problematic sometimes.  Hopefully they will help you get sorted out before the down time on 16th.

Oludamilola

Sorry I'm new. I don't know how to pin.

Need Help? Let's chat.