cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

r_chehade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile Community,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on wether Public Mobile will be releasing a mobile app for Android or iPhone, as it would be easier and faster than always longing onto a browser.

Thank you,

Rachid

22 REPLIES 22

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@r_chehade 

Well it is Christmastime you can always add it to the wishlist.....wishes do sometimes come true.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

@walker1 wrote:

Make your own? You must be kidding 😉

@walker1 

no kidding, people did make app for PM..  Data Witness PM is an example

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@walker1 wrote:

@walker1 it's not really it's own app, it's just a wrapper around the web site using an Android program called Hermite Lite.  It works well, I still use it for PM and Koodo self-serve sites and communities, as well as for a couple of professional purposes where I need varying credentials to access similar web-based resources for different clients.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo   I think the last Koodo app was one of those apps  that did nothing but just call the website.

For Fido app, at least it really an app and designed base on the phone screen.

I used to have the frequent login issue but it stopped long time ago.  Maybe you need to complete uninstall and reinstall?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@r_chehade  Koodo had an app and discontinued it because they found the upkeep outwayed the benefits especially with their mobile friendly site.   PM is actively working on a mobile friendly selfserve eta 202? . But once that is released then I see there is no real need.

Also I have the fido app and it be always asks for my login and password before opening.

r_chehade

That's perfect.

Thank you

@softech wrote:

@r_chehade you can open a ticket to officially put in your suggestion and request...but don't expect they will respond quick.  Also, Telus seems to be not a big fan of app.  Koodo had it but they killed it couple years ago.  I don't see it coming anytime soon 

Excellent point. Since PM website is a modified version of Telus prepaid website. PM would have to wait to modify the MyTelus app for the use on PM. 

@r_chehade wrote:

Thank you for that. It's strange though. Everything is pretty much made into an app these days. I wonder why it hasn't been manifested yet 

@r_chehade 

You can say that.. but many apps these days are in fact just a shell calling the mobile version of the webpage anyway.. it's not very useful.

BTW, you can bookmark the site and make a shortcut to your home screen.  Hopefully this is your "app" until a real one comes.

https://natomasunified.org/kb/add-website-to-mobile-device-home-screen/

@r_chehade wrote:

Thank you for that. It's strange though. Everything is pretty much made into an app these days. I wonder why it hasn't been manifested yet 

...you wonder why...does this help explain it...😎

pm.jpg.jpg

@r_chehade wrote:

With all the bugs in their current system right now that have not been resolved it would just mean another application to maintain.

r_chehade

@r_chehade you can open a ticket to officially put in your suggestion and request...but don't expect they will respond quick.  Also, Telus seems to be not a big fan of app.  Koodo had it but they killed it couple years ago.  I don't see it coming anytime soon 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r_chehade 

Public Mobile not have any App.

r_chehade

Thank you again. So who is really checking these posts that we share amongst ourselves? Are we just taking amongst ourselves? Is there anyway we can suggest to public mobile about products that we'd like to have?

@walker1 

Check out the link above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r_chehade : Almost all of the people posting on this site are customers like you. We can't possibly know what's in the future. No announcements have been made anyway.

@r_chehade 

No, but they sell used phones, if you're interested.

r_chehade

I understand. Well thank you very much for your replies. On there other hand, is there any other product that public mobile plans to release? For example, home Internet?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@r_chehade 

Very unlikely but you can add a shortcut to your home screen. You can "make your own app" but I would have to dig up that thread.....

Edit:

This is a great thread by @srlawren  on a workaround for an app if you are up for it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@r_chehade 

Sorry but that's never going to happen. It's been asked and discussed before, but no harm in asking again ☺️     tips

Need Help? Let's chat.