cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a new number to replace an existing Public Mobile number

1Public
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new set of numbers  with very liked area codes of great interest and would like to know how to port those numbers to replace an already PM numbers please.

9 REPLIES 9

1Public

Thanks, I believe this is the solution.

Will process that at the end of the month. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@1Public  Also be sure to keep old providers SIM card in the phone while you transfer number to PM . You will receive a confirmation text from your old provider that you want to port the number . Reply YES to the text you will have 90 mins to do so .leaving old provider SIM card in the phone until it stops working and the port is complete . Then pop in you brand new shiny PM SIM card .

@1Public  You can do it no problem then , just go to profile tab in my account and you will see  your phone number there . 2 spaces under that you will see transfer number and follow steps 

1Public

Will try and see the result please. Thanks.

1Public

Yes, I got a different account from a different provider and got a different number with good area code # that i like and want to use that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@1Public  the numbers is from another provider?  Active?

If so, go to My Account, Profile page, and click Transfer number.  Enter the number and follow the steps

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can always do a transfer of a number into an active account. You would lose the current number on it of course. As long as it's possible to transfer the number out.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@1Public  notice where it’s says  transfer under the first red circle in pic 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1686270898618.jpeg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@1Public 

you got a new set of numbers already..from where ? Do you have a different account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.