cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account, Number transferred from Telus, Phone not working, just blinking 5G every 3 seconds

SteveWilliams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a ticket open, but they haven't been very responsive today so I'm posting here in case anyone has some information.

Trying to get an Public Mobil account going with my existing phone number transferred from Telus has been a horrible experience.  I was on hold for 2.5 hours.  I gave up, left my phone on hold and called again using Skype on my laptop.  I spent another 45 minutes with Telus only to be told it was going to be 24-72 hours. 

2 hours later, suddeny my phone told me there was no SIM provisioning and I was unable do voice or data with my phone.  I called the Porting number I had been given earlier and they told me that the port had gone through without my receiving a Text (I'm ok with that).

I powered off my phone and placed the Public Mobile SIM into my phone.  I powered up and the phone said I needed to reboot in order ot activate the new SIM.  I rebooted, got no service.  I powered it off, waited 2 minutes and powered it on again

Now I have bars and it is flashing "5G" about every 5 seconds.  I am unable to make phone calls or use data at this point.  I tried changing to just use LTE in case it was "5G" causing the problem (I got 5G with Telus).  But LTE then was blinking every 3 seconds.

I tried to call porting number again (only people I've managed to talk with through this process) but since the number has been "ported", their automated system won't let me talk to a human anymore.

How can I get my phone back working?  This is my only phone.  I have had to use Skype on my laptop to call for assistance. 

Thanks,
Steve Williams

3 REPLIES 3

SteveWilliams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just to follow up in case anyone else has a similar situation.  This is the reply from my support ticket and it seems to have got my phone working.

I just refreshed the network in your account

Please power cycle the phone

(turn it off and on)  and test your services

@SteveWilliams , you might have an account issue.  I suggest using the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page and initiate a support ticket. 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

try reboot the phone, try Reset all networks, try the sim card in another phone. 

if you already opened ticket, check your inbox, the might have replied already

Need Help? Let's chat.