cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my existing phone number

dinkle1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was out of Canada for about THREE and Half months. When trying to reconnect today, your site did not allow me to transfer (port) the number, despite the number being listed on my profile. The SIM did not activate with prompt saying it is NOT recognized so did the phone number. I am currently on e-SIM with Public Mobile with a new number! I need the old number to be ported.

Please suggest and advice what can be done.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dinkle1 

Most likely your number has been returned to the carrier you got the old number from.

If you don’t remember which carrier. There is how you can find out:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-carrier-lookup 

If it is not Telus or Koodo or PM, it is gone but if it is from a Telus/Koodo/Pm then there is a slim chance you can get it back. If this is the case, contact a CS_Agent to see if it can be retrieved if no one has taken it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @dinkle1 

if 3 and a half month, likely the account was closed

But you can check.  On another phone, call  1-855-4PUBLIC and check if the system can find the account from your phone number.  If not, then your account is closed and no way to get the number back

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you left you account inactive for 90 days the number go back to the original company it came from. If you keep your payment going you will need to contact PM to find out what's going on.

Did you open a new account? Are you trying to port from PM to pm?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@dinkle1  is your account current? Were you paying the bill for the time you were away? My understanding is that if you don't pay for 90 days your account will automatically close and you loose the phone number.

When you sign into your account,  what does it say? If it's still showing to pay now and resume services then you would need to make a manual payment. 

If it's not showing that, might be too late. You would have to engage public mobile via the chat bubble to see what you can do about your old number.

Need Help? Let's chat.