cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points back on vouchers?

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's lots of old obsolete info on the forums about the old "Rewards". Maybe pm should do some cleanup on here since changing from rewards to points! I'm wondering if the 5% points back on payments applies to voucher top-ups or only card payments? Is it only 5% of net payment? So if my plan is $25 and I cashed in $15 in points and add a $10 voucher, I would get 50¢ in points?

The autopay reward used to be $2, regardless of payment amount. Is there really any incentive now to setup auto-pay?

16 REPLIES 16

@colleeno wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Rastin 

That's not correct. The 5% gets applied to the enttire plan price even if points have been redeemed.

That has not been my experience. Since being converted to the new points program in May, I acquired enough points to redeem for a $15 bill credit in June so I paid $19 for my $34 plan. I received 5% in points for only the $19; not for the entire plan price.

I have spoken to others who have also receieved 5% of the full plan price.  It would appear that some get those extra points while some don't.  This is a total mess on the part of Public Mobile.

@smurfit wrote:

@computergeek541 are you sure it is only based on plan price? I cashed in points to pay my entire plan cost last month and received ZERO points-back..

@smurfit . I have been paying my bill using points for quite some time now & I never get 5% back. I don’t expect to since technically it’s free for me already (paying using points). Maybe we are left out while others pay using points & get 5% back. 😀 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Rastin 

That's not correct. The 5% gets applied to the enttire plan price even if points have been redeemed.

That has not been my experience. Since being converted to the new points program in May, I acquired enough points to redeem for a $15 bill credit in June so I paid $19 for my $34 plan. I received 5% in points for only the $19; not for the entire plan price.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That would make sense, @computergeek541 likely had credits from before May that would be eligible for points back.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smurfit 

I have a $15 plan from late 2022, which was on the point system from day one, every time I redeemed 15 points. I got zero point-back, also, I had the exact situation on the plans that moved to the new point system in May

You can’t earn points back on the $15 redeemed points

You earn points back on any available credit before May 2024 and on the $10 new account referral

The confused part is, if you have available credit before May 2024, example $50 and redeem 15 point for $15, now you have $65, at the plan renewal, the system will get the money from the old available credit first, and you will earn points back on the whole plan amount, once all the old credit gets used, you will earn point back on what you pay only.

Rastin

Well when I redeemed my point last month I only got the 5% on the remaining amount after the point were used.

eddieO

Maybe this is a perk for Oracle's only as I was only given 5% back on what I actually paid (less any credits). For example, my plan is the $34 Canada/US plan and on joining and using someone's referral code I received a $10 credit. So on my first bill signing up I received 1.7 points (5% of $34). My next monthly bill showed it would be $27.12 with taxes and on that renewal date I received 1.2 points instead of 1.7 (5% of $24).

golfball

Does anyone have an example to show? I'm a little confused trying to follow along.

@smurfit

I have also used points before. Points were equal to 5% of the full plan price.  Also received were points for an amount that was taken care of by a previous available balance.

@computergeek541  That's not what they seem to be doing with my account.  The last two renewals of the same plan have differing points back depending how much I redeemed in points each time.

HI @smurfit / @computergeek541 

my last 2 renewals used only points to pay has no 5% at all

So, it is safer to say only actually credit into your account from Credit card or voucher will get you the 5%

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 are you sure it is only based on plan price? I cashed in points to pay my entire plan cost last month and received ZERO points-back..

@Rastin 

5% in points is not based on top up amounts. It is entirely based on plan price and a successful renewal.

Rastin

When Using the 15 points you don't get the 5% for the points used. You only get the 5% of the cash/visa payment of the remaining amount.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @smurfit 

yes, 5% on voucher top up as well.  As long as you pay, from credit card or voucher, you will get the 5%.  But I think the 5% will be added to your account when account is renewed, not the moment, when you put in the voucher

Yup, no more incentive for autopay , the only incentive is you don't have to worry about paying

Need Help? Let's chat.