cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Being increased without my permission

sdionne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few days ago I logged in to the account to look up information and at the next billing (which is today), the plan was increased. The usual plan is the 15$ but today I got charged for the 40$ plan. I absolutely did not choose to change the plan! The same thing happened in September but that time I got changed to the 20$ plan. I wasn't sure at that time that I didn't actually change the plan but this time I am 100% certain!!

When I go to change the plan to 15$ now, it wants to charge me the 15$ when I've already payed 40$!!

Why is this happening and how do I fix it? This plan is for my son and I don't want him to have access to all that data. 

11 REPLIES 11

sdionne

I have no problem with him missing out on bonus data. He is autistic and I do not want him to have access to data, only to be able to communicate with me when needed. 

I have 2 other accounts with Public Mobile so I will be aware of any bonuses offered and can always add them myself to his account if I see fit.

sdionne

Not everything is so black and white Halimacs! My son is a minor and autistic. Under typical conditions, a child of mine would lose their plan altogether for doing this. But the ability to communicate with me when we are not together is of upmost importance and I must therefore keep the plan for him.  The concern here is not so much the cost but the access to data. The agent was kind enough to arrange for him to not get offers anymore, which is super appreciated and most helpful - couldn't have asked for more!

I do think of this as a teachable moment but perhaps this is a teachable moment for you as well.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a no brainer -- don't waste time on this forum - no one has the power to do anything about your situation.- Immediately contact Public Mobile customer support and explain your problem.

@sdionne 

A large number of customers who ‘manage’ and/or set up accounts for others are in the same boat that you are.

Think of it as a teachable moment.

You could also insist that anything extra than the plan you provide for them is out of their pockets.  

@sdionne   happy that you caught early enough 

While blocking offer from PM is a good idea, you might have trouble getting the Holiday bonus PM has in December.  In such case, you likely need to open ticket with them in December to claim the bonus instead of a text reply.  Keep that in mind

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sdionne - glad the Customer support agent credited the difference of the plan you did not want.

I hope whatever the agent did though does not prevent good, freebie offers?! It kinds of sounds like they may have. 

Those xmas free minutes and data bonuses have been pretty regular annually, and you never know what else may come up. I would suggest you keep the offers coming to the phone and have a discussion with any kids who have phones about discussing with you when receiving texts like this. It is a good lesson of responsibility and accountability; believe me, many members have seemed to be hit with this particular case like yours.

Then you can grab the great freebies, but disregard the ones you don't want.

sdionne

Looks like my son had replied yes. This was day one of plan and the agent changed the plan back to 15$ and the 25$ extra was left on the account for future top-ups.

The agent also blocked future offers from being sent to my son so this won't happen in the future. 

Super satisfied customer here and service was so quick!! 

@sdionne   is this day 1 of the new $40 plan?  

Kindly come back and update us how agent resolves the case.  Would like to know what will they do in such situation.

thanks

sdionne

Agent is already on it 🙂 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Highly unlikely PM will increase your plan on its own.

Most likely you replied YES to PM SMS offer for $40 plan. They have few offers one after another during holiday season.

You can discuss this issue with agent and you can schedule plan change on next renewal to your original plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sdionne  Did you happen to reply YES to. Promotional text that was sent out from public mobile to except the 15GB for $40 plan by accident this could be reason why … you can just change back for next renewal but if you like you can reach out to support and see if they fix right away or can give you a credit for you circumstance 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.