cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service with no Data wanted

Rick36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a customer with Public mobile at least 5 years or more years and  now and I have  4 phones under Public mobile as I am a family of 6 and I never had 1 problem with them..  I have another younger kid who is needing a phone now. I purchased a Sim , Came to Public mobile to find out there is NO plans now that is just a phone. I am looking for a plan with NO Data..

I am curious if there is a hidden option to find this package they use to have ? 
I did notice KODDO has a started package for $15 like Public Use to.. 

please let me know If I missing something or is this just the way it is now ?
Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Rick36 

PM has stop offering services with no data for long time.  They have been offering the $15 plan for years but that has 250Mb data as well

if you need voice only service, best way is to change the APN settings so data cannot connect

There wouldn't be anything stopping the person from re-entering those APN settings.  It used to be the carriers would allow data to blocked at the account level, but I'm unsure of whethera Public Mobile CSA would be able to do that.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Rick36   Check out the Telus $100 per year plan, which is normally 400 minutes of talk and 400 of text but currently has an offer for two years unlimited talk and text.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You are not missing anything 😞

Unfortunately PM discontinued EXCELLENT $15 unlimited call/sms NO data plan. For whatever strange reason...

So no, PM does not offer any NO data plans. But even if you could get PM no data plan that does not mean your kid could not get 'unlimited' data; if you set up autopay (subscription) registering your credit card, he/she could keep adding data add-on as those add-on will be automatically charged on your card.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rick36 

PM has stop offering services with no data for long time.  They have been offering the $15 plan for years but that has 250Mb data as well

if you need voice only service, best way is to change the APN settings so data cannot connect

Need Help? Let's chat.