cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not eligible for port

Cakehouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new customer, already subscribed a mobile plan and trying to transfer my phone number to PM.  I Got 2 texts: 

"Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly ......"

it's been 6 hrs , nobody contact me 

I tried using the App to transfer my phone number, but I got "Phone number is not eligible for port" 

Can anybody help me with that? Hightly appreciated! 

18 REPLIES 18

Petrina

hi @iblamewxll

sent you the number, please check your Community Inbox 

iblamewxll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have the same issue here. Coming from Fizz to PM… Can I get the porting team number?

Petrina

Thank you so much!! On the phone with them now 🙂 

hi @Petrina 

sent you the number, please check your Community Inbox 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Petrina

I made the same mistake while porting my phone number. Any chance I could get number for porting team as well?? Please and thank you! 

Petrina

Can you tell me the number? Having the same issue 

Moved:

Porting team number is not supposed to be posted on the Community to avoid people from misusing it for other support issues. You can however send the number to OP via private message.

HI @Noah0ne 

sent you the number , check your Community inbox

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Noah0ne 

Sent to your messages here in the community. 

Noah0ne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same problem. I guess I need the porting team phone number as well please and thank you. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Cakehouse

thanks for the info.

I'm waiting on the phone to talk to the potting team right now. 

Cakehouse

No, iys not a Koodo number.

its Cityphone number 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cakehouse 

The porting team number that @hTideGnow sent you will be able to help you out. The reason you are seeing the ineligible to port number error is because the port was in progress but encountered an error. Call the number and give them your account number from your previous provider and you’ll be good to go. 

Remember to have your old provider’s SIM card in your phone to answer yes to the text you’ll receive authorizing the port. Once you lose service on that SIM card, that is the sign to put in the public mobile SIM card and reboot your phone. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cakehouse - you can check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

...but it is likely the IMEI issue.

Are you porting over a Koodo number?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cakehouse Was it Koodo pre paid or post paid if pre  paid you will need to contact support and if post paid you need the porting team number will send you that also but private message we not allowed to post it here 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cakehouse

Thank you very much.   I'll call them right after I get the phone number. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Cakehouse 

best to use account number instead of imei.

i will message you the porting team phone number, call them and they can help.  Check your Community inbox for my message

Need Help? Let's chat.