cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issue - trying to sign up

Abbey400
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I’m an Aussie and I’ve just moved to Canada (literally this week). I do not have a permanent address yet and my credit card I intend to use for payment on my Public plan is an Australian travel card. 
I know for a fact my card works in Canada, I’ve used it multiple times today already, including for online payments, however every time I try to sign up for a plan with Public and input my card information, it says “Payment Failed! Please try again or use a different payment method.”

I’ve even tried different cards, all of which have sufficient money available, and nothing is working. I thought it might be because it is asking me for a Canadian zip code, and the billing address for my credit card is an Australian address, so they don’t match?

Can anyone help me with this?

7 REPLIES 7

I sometimes use zip just because it's faster to type. But you being from elsewhere maybe my saying so could be helpful.
Welcome to Canada. Forest fires, smoke, floods, droughts, snow, probably somewhat similar culture and very similar indigenous matters. Oh, and ice hockey (or just hockey) (I'm a terrible Canadian, I don't follow any sports anyway).

Abbey400

That was a typo more than anything - we also call them postal codes or post codes

thanks @dust2dust 

Abbey400

Thank you @hTideGnow 

Abbey400

Thank you @Handy1 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And yes we call them postal codes around these parts. 🙂
The poor software development limitation here is that the data entry mask for the postal code is only for a postal code. Not numbers like a US zip code.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Abbey400  You need a Canadian issued back card or pre paid visa 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Abbey400 

PM does not accept non-Canada or non-US credit card for activation

So, please get a prepaid credit card from store and you can use it for activation.  With a prepaid credit card, you can just fill in any valid Canadian address and postal code

And please start the activation using the app. Download the app on your phone and start there

Need Help? Let's chat.