cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment/ automatic top up

pjragonjandiaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn’t choose to have and additional top up on my plan however I’m always charged of the top up. How can I refund it or stop it? And I just paid my plan however it still says my plan needs to reactivate

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pjragonjandiaz 

Here's how autopay works. Once every 30 days upon renewal the payment system debits your account balance your plan amount. If you have insufficient funds to pay for your plan be it $1 or your entire plan amount it will then engage autopay if you are registered for it. Whatever amount is still owing of your plan amount is charged to your payment card. This will appear in your transaction history as AUTOMATIC TOP UP. Your card is charged that amount and will appear on your card statement with the applicable taxes added to it

Unlike most providers your payment card is not pre-authorized with public mobile. Autopay has permission to make one attempt at payment per 30 days for your plan amount or any difference owing between the plan amount and the available funds in your account balance. If you manually top up your account before renewal with your plan amount then autopay never engages and you just earn any 5% back in points or $2 autopay reward and the data bonus. You only need a valid card at registration to earn any points/rewards and the data bonus.

The payment card once registered can expire, be reported lost or stolen, cancelled, over the limit, no limit, be a $0 balance credit gift card, on hold or otherwise unusable. As long as the account balance is manually topped up with vouchers or a valid card on file autopay will never engage. If  you are uncomfortable having your payment card on file but still want the benefits of being registered for autopay send me a private message and I will give you the details of a valid credit gift card you can register for autopay. It has a $0.10 balance so don't let it go to autopay or your renewal will fail and your account will be suspended.

To reactivate your account go to the plans or usage page and click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Log out and reboot your phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you do turn off autopay and have a plan with bonus data with autopay you will lose that 500MB as well 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pjragonjandiaz wrote:

I didn’t choose to have and additional top up on my plan however I’m always charged of the top up. How can I refund it or stop it? And I just paid my plan however it still says my plan needs to reactivate

@pjragonjandiaz   You meant the automatic top up charging more you you do not want to top up at all?

keep in mind , PM will add tax on top of the plan amount if that is what you meant by PM charged more.  For example, if for a $25 plan, PM might charge you $26.xx on your credit card depending on your tax rate

So, you have pay your plan and still not reactivate?  Do you see Available Fund on your My Account now have enough fund to cover your renewal? ie, Available Fund has at least the same or more as your Plan Amount?  If that is the case, go back and make a manual payment of $1 extra to trigger the reactivation.    Just to to Payment Tab, One Time Payment and choose "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and then enter $1.  Once this is paid, click the button Reactivate current plan if it is around, then logoff from My Account and Reboot your phone

If it still does not work, please show us a screenshot of the Available fund on your My Account as well as tell us what Plan do you have

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pjragonjandiaz 

If your services are active, ignore any messaging which might cause you to think otherwise.

As far as the extra top up amount you believe you are being charged, does the total of the amount you are charged each month exceed the value of your plan? If not, you're being charged the correct amount.

It's possible you might be seeing the monthly charge split into two components under your transaction history. Public Mobile does that for all plans.

If you are being charged more than your plan amount, Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.