cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect my kids GPS Smartwatch to the network

AnneG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I bought my kid a 4G GPS smartwatch from Aliexpress . The reviews show customers from Canada and the US using it . I also saw customers mention that they use Public Mobile and it worked fine. So I bought the SIM card, activated it and have paid for the month. It looks like the network is not connecting with the smartwatch. The brand of the smartwatch is called JALICY. The system is Android OS, Origin is China . When I tried using the "Check compatability" here on Public Mobile, its isn't allowing me to type in anything or scroll...it actually didnt show me anything at all. So Im not sure if the website isn't working properly. If anyone has information, I would really appreciate it.

15 REPLIES 15

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AnneG 

I would highly recommend that you Open Dispute with Aliexpress to get a full refund...not as described or does not work.. Shipping cost for the return will cost more than the item.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnneG at least get from a source that you can easily refund if it didn't work, like Amazon.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AnneG 

There are a couple JALICY smart watches on Aliexpress the other one not shown by @Korth has complaints about the sim card not detected and no answer from the seller. Return it if possible or request a chargeback. The following thread has a a much better quality, reasonable kids smart watch from Amazon that works on public mobile and gives the instructions on how to set up the APN.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Automatic-APN-settings-on-kids-watch/td-p...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No not all specifications are there. Who and what is Jalicy? Did you see the size of that thing on the models wrist? I don't get how people would trust such a source. I would avoid entirely. Spend real money on real products since this is for your kid. You're spending what $25 on a cheap no name piece of crap from CN for your feel good about your kids safety. How ever did we all survive our own childhoods.

This is towards that whole market segment, not you. Please. Don't buy this.

@AnneG   I would not buy from there.  There is no technical specification at all, didn't even mention what type of SIM it takes.  There is a review about the SIM does not work and the buy not replying and obviously didn't refund.  

It has no mention of what bands or frequencies it is compatible.   The compatibility says: 

Compatibility: All Compatible

Reality is a cheap watch like this is hard to be "All Compatible"

The system said: 

System: Android OS

System: iOS

I am pretty certain it is not iOS  🤔

So, the specifications are unclear, cannot tell certain if your watch will work 

AnneG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4g Smart Watch Kids Waterproof Watch Hd Voice Call Gps Camera Smartwatch For Children Gps Location F...

Hi there. I have copied and pasted the link to the page. All the specifications are there. 🙂 

@AnneG 

Is this the item? If so, then it looks incompatible with Public Mobile (and Telus, and any other Canadian network).

Vendors on Alibaba/AliExpress and eBay often advertise wrong specifications, wrong products, and fake reviews - and many of their consumer appliances are intended for foreign regions or markets (in India, China, Asia, etc) which are incompatible with North American systems.

"One SIM Card is required to activate smart mobile watch.The SIM card must be 2G GSM Micro Sim Card, 850/900/1800/1900. Supported network mode: 4g(CN)."

HI , it only down for awhile, I think within a month

But still, no one can put every single phone on the compatibility list.  Android is not iPhone, there are literally thousands of manufacturers and each one has hundred different models/variants.  

@BKNS27 wrote:

@AnneG 

Sorry, PM compatibility page has been down for a while. 

For a while? I would say forever... There is NO way to track every single new phone companies release every few months.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah they should either fix that or just take it down bc a lot of ppl use that and get confused and end up just coming here anyways 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes there are so many of these obscure oddities (from a North American perspective) that we'd need more information. These watches likely need some weird programming and set up done. I don't imagine the user manual was much of any help either. They're not exactly plug and play.

Since you say that someone said they got it working here then it's up to you to figure out how they did. Yes, make sure the account activation worked by trying the sim in another normal phone.

If you can provide a link to the selling item of your specific unit on aliexpress then maybe we can track things down.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnneG   do you have a link to the watch?  Provide us the Frequency and bands available for the watch (or the link to the watch)  and we can try to lookup.  But a lot of these watches does not have proper and reliable specifications.

If you can find it, make sure you watch have some of these bands:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you activated PM SIM why don't you try that SIM in normal phone to see if it works at all?

What do you expect that watch to do? Make/receive calls/SMS? Just GPS tracking?

Let us know if it does so we can come up with different potential solutions.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AnneG 

Sorry, PM compatibility page has been down for a while. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnneG 

If you have working public mobile service on another SIM card (maybe yours or another family member?) try using it in the watch to see if it is a device problem or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.