cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged when switching to 20gig 5g Black Friday plan

SueHalif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my subscription to the 20 gig $34 Black Friday offer from what I had - 30gig at #44. It charged me $39.10, meaning it did not take my loyalty, friends, etc. discount in to consideration. Looking at payments due Dec 18th, those are taken into account, resulting in about a $25 charge for next month. It seems I was overcharged about $14.

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks,

Sue

16 REPLIES 16

jonathanxbai

Did you get your money back?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes it does warn. Just not very obvious or insistent. Right below the go ahead button.
dust2dust_0-1691095573333.png

@SueHalif  "Does it tell you this will happen? I didn't notice".  Yes it does warn you although perhaps it could be clearer.  It's also mentioned on the Changing Plans page (at the bottom):

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan 

@Jak2514 

the Bot is broken, so it's suggested to use the link provided to OP rather than that bot method.

@SueHalif 

@SueHalif wrote:

Does it tell you this will happen? I didn't notice.

When you go through the process of buying a new plan, you're given opportunity to Change Plan Now OR Change at Renewal. It's widely known in Community, to Change at Renewal so you get Rewrads and you won't pay until next renewal.

planz.png

If you're not a regular visitor in the PM Community, you may not be aware of that.

Jak2514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Start with the Bot chat (the bottom right icon of the page) then answer a few questions with the bot and request for the human agent.

SueHalif

Does it tell you this will happen? I didn't notice.

Jak2514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I almost did the same thing, but I clicked Back button to chose change plan next month. Please try contacting Customer Service Agent, they are quick and helpful.

Good luck.

SueHalif

Thanks! How do I talk to CS Agent?

@SueHalif 

Rewards are based on 30 days of service. If you Change Plans Now...you'll have to wait for the next renewal to get Rewrads applied.

hi @SueHalif I cam confirm. what @hairbag1 said was true

But if you just charged the plan within 24 hours, submit ticket with CS agent now and they might be able to do something, like change you back to the old plan, put back money on the account and let you reschedule the change on renewal 

SueHalif

If I had known, I would have waiting 3 days to renew. That cost me $14. 

SueHalif

What??? Do they tell you that?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SueHalif 

if you change Plan Now rather than Change at Renewal...no Rewards are applied until your new pan renews in 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.