cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw to get a sim card for free?

Aasil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to know if I can get a sim card from Public Mobile for free. @Dubes ?

5 REPLIES 5

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Aasil,

There are occasional promotions where you can get a physical SIM card for free but unfortunately that promotional is not currently on. The price of a physical SIM is currently $10 through the public mobile site. If you want an eSIM however, it is currently free through the Public Mobile App. You just need to check if you phone is compatible. Amazon sells physical sims for $5.

Lastly, you can pick up a physical SIM card from a nearby store. To find out which stores near you sell physical SIM cards, you can go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/pick-up-SIM and enter our postal code. The site will then suggest you stores closest to you that sell SIM cards.

Here is

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Aasil 

There was a free promo offer for a free SIM card about 9 months ago but it happens once in a bluemoon.

If your phone is eSIM compatible, you can subscribe to a plan with free eSIM.

What is the make and model of your phone?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Aasil , since the person you tagged didn’t answer you, Public Mobile isn’t currently giving away any free SIM Cards. Only free eSIM for compatible devices when signing up for a new Public Mobile account.

The lowest price for a SIM Card that I am aware of is purchasing one from Amazon with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime,

Amazon Canada  $4.99 + tax & free shipping with Amazon Prime

Public Mobile SIM Card on Amazon

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Aasil  If your phone supports eSIM you can activate on eSIM for free from PM and no need to wait for SIM card either , and join today 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Aasil 

You have to purchase a SIM card. You can purchase one from Amazon for $4.99 or if your phone can do eSIM, those are currently free on select plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.