cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number doesn’t work after porting

Keii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I transferred my old phone number to public mobile while it was still active, I also received the sms for transfer approval and I replied yes to it, it has been a 2 weeks and the number is still not working. I am unable to send or receive messages through the old number. What can I do? 
thank you in advance

11 REPLIES 11

Keii

I’ve removed the sim card now, I have the primary number(public mobile) and secondary number(old number).How do I make my old number now as the public mobile number?

Yes, remove your old SIM card and make sure under your sim card manager you associate your service with the esim. 

What's likely happening is your device is trying to read the service off the inactive prior mobile service provider SIM card.

HI @Keii 

it is a esim setup problem and not port

check your Sim manager or Cellular screen on Settings, do you see a PM esim there? if it is there, make sure i tis enabled or "turn on the line" is on and set as Primary

if the esim is not there, check PM Welcome email and scan the QR code to install

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Keii  Yes take old sim out and check phone setting for sim manager and ensure PM is set to primary 

@Keii Send private message to CS_Agent to sort this out.

Keii

I got esim, I still have my old sim card inserted. Do I remove it?

I’ve tried rebooting and network reset buy still doesn’t work

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Keii  Please submit ticket with CS agents to get fixed 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keii

No, it doesn’t work anymore, on the day we did the porting, it stopped working. I got esim, everything is not working, even calls and data 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Keii 

This may go without saying, but after you replied yes to the port authorization text while you're old SIM card was in your device, did you then replace it with the Public Mobile SIM card?

After that do try rebooting the device and resetting network connections and toggling airplane mode on and off to see if you could get the connection established.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Keii   Does your old number still work on the previous provider's sim?  Did you get a public mobile physical sim or esim?    Is it just text messages not working, do voice calls (incoming and outgoing) and data work?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Keii  No worries I’ll send you the lodging team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.