cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive or make a call

Yami
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No service available.the signal bars are visible but not able to receive or make any calls

36 REPLIES 36

HI @Yami   is data working?

did you try to change your  network to 3G Only (some phone calls it WCDMA only or HSPA Only)?

Yami
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim and phone are active.

Something to do with public network.Network bar shows full but not receiving calls

HI @Zachary03   As I said earlier, yours likely not a blacklisted phone, but no harm to check.  The fact that you said it works on another phone but having weird problem here just make me wonder.    and you said   you tried couple SIM cards on this phone and none works, right?

Try it or not, you might want to make sure your OS is updated.  If that still not work, try a factory reset.

Zachary03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How could a phone get blacklisted? I bought it from a retailer in September, paid all bills on time... And it worked fine for half a year

And I don't think a blacklisted phone will occasionally let texts go through - pretty sure blacklisting is a full stop for all network activity

Ooops i spoke to soon, well great to hear you found the issue and glad it's working well on the other phone 

Yeah definitely sounds like a network issue/outage, these can sometimes resolve on their own, hopefully that happens for you. 

@Zachary03 I don't think that is the case, but chk if you phone is black listed 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

if it is clean, you might try to wipe the phone , factory reset 

Zachary03

Problem found, but not solved

SIM in Huawei worked flawlessly, calls messages etc, while network C card in A50, problem still persisted

The A50 is the issue. 3 still cards, none worked.

PM card in Huawei, PM was golden. 

Thanks all for your help

@Zachary03 wcdma only is the option for you to try. (GSM is 2G, You don't want that, others are just different names for WCDMA)

look like problem with 3G/wcdma in your area.  Either try in different area again or open ticket with CS Agent to let them aware of the service problem on your area

Zachary03

Can SIM cards go bad?

I'm going to try and get my hands on a third phone (as phone #2 was a cheap Alcatel) 

Zachary03

WCDMA only - lost the bars of reception icon for the slashy circle

HSPA only - not an available option

3g only - not an available option

GSM only - bars of service icon is present, but still not able to send or receive texts

@Zachary03    Well Fido is the flanker brand for Rogers, so Freedom Mobile probably uses Rogers towers/network.  Telus is the parent company of PM and will use use Telus/Bell infrastructure where needed.

edit:  It seems FM has agreements to use Rogers, Telus and Bell towers.

Zachary03

The sudden binge of texts came as I took my brother into town, so you might be onto something... I'll keep punching through solutions 

Zachary03

Thanks for the insight... 

... I got the plan in September before gong to university. Was fine all year at school. Been home for 1.5 months, so it could be network issues. My dad (Koodo) and mom (Virgin) have been having similar issues, but only occasionally. All started around 2 weeks ago. Their issues have resolved, mine got worse.

What network does Freedom use? Rogers (Fido)? 

Hi @Zachary03 it could be a problem with 3G in your area.  If you are driving around , check in another area in the city and you could have better experience 

Zachary03

One inbound call "came in" but the sound was unusable, it sounded like pocket dial (it wasn't, my sister made the call to help)

Next call (from her side) 15 - 20 seconds of dead air, then it went to voicemail 

Hi @Zachary03 try 3G only as well.  It might work 

But you are on the right track to open ticket and talk to support, they can also reset your account in the system.

Let us know how it goes

Zachary03

Thank you for the information

Currently messaging with tech support too... While I've been messaging the phone suddenly worked, did a binge of send / receives of texts in the cue, and then refused to send again

No calls have been allowed out. Haven't tried inbound call yet

Hi @Zachary03 and can you call out?  or receive calls?

Try also to change the network type to 3G only

On A50:

Swipe up.

Select Settings.

Select Connections.

Select Mobile networks.

Select Network mode.

Select your preferred option.

3G only or WCDMA Only or HSPA only

Hi @Zachary03 

network reset on A50:

• From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen. .
  • Navigate: 
    Settings 

General management
    Reset
  • Tap 
    Reset network settings
  • Review the info then tap 
    Reset settings
  • To confirm, review the info then tap 
    Reset

Zachary03

Thanks 

How do I reset network? I see network selection in menus, but not reset

Hi  @Zachary03 the login message is about out of data, not related with calls

Try to reset network and see if it helps

Zachary03

Tried that... Results are perplexing

It seems that the A50 has an issue. It could not send or receive with carrier "B" card either

However, moving PublicMobile SIM to phone #2, It could send, but not receive texts. Phone #2 notification panel kept bringing up "login required" for public Mobile.

Both A50 & Phone #2 are network unlocked

Are there carrier settings that need to be adjusted? 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@softech 

Or maybe too embarrassed to reply back after finding out their mistake.

Hahaha...been there myself ! 

If you have access to a different unlocked phone, try your sim in that other phone. That would help determine if problem is with phone...or something else.

Zachary03

Having the same problem here:

Phone: Samsung A50

Been with public Mobile for 10 months

Problem started in the last two weeks.

3-5 bars of service. Text no send; phone call can't connect.

Powered down back up again. Sometimes this fixes it, often it doesn't. 

Also randomly without me doing anything, except clicking resend, it will go, but shortly after the problem resumes

@softech 

Yes I agree, we are here to help no matter if they get back to us. 😉

Just hope they resolved the issue.

Either way, as long as the issue is resolved, we are happy  🙂

@softech 

Or maybe too embarrassed to reply back after finding out their mistake.

@iliketotalk   this positive, maybe OP has the issue resolved  and forgot to come back and update us  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.