Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out issue

mikity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a problem to port out.

Old carrier: PhoneBox

Current situation: I thought my phone number was ported out because I could call and the phone number of the receiver  displayed my phone number. But, I still cannot get incoming calls.

What I did:

1. I contacted PhoneBox before porting out in order to get an account number, but they didn't provide anything. 

2. So, I started activating my Public Mobile sim without the account number because Public Mobile required "account number or IMEI". I used my IMEI to port out.

3. After that, I called someone, they got a call with the phone number that I wanted to port out. I thought porting out was done.

4. Public Mobile contacted my alternative phone number later, and they said porting out is pending because Phonebox blocks porting out and contact phonebox to stop that.

5. I contacted Phonebox to unblock it, but they said the porting out request should be initiated from Phonebox. There are duplicated requests of porting out, unless they are cancelled, porting out cannot be done.

6. I want to cancel the porting out request that I made by IMEI to Public Mobile, I cannot reach them as they cannot identify my phone number when I called the phone number that they gave

How can I do?

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mikity 

Thank you for the update. You may want to edit your choice of solution and leave it for an oracle to choose the appropriate one. To edit click on the arrow on the right of your post/solution.

mikity

@softech , @darlicious 

I contacted CS_Agent to stop requesting porting out as Phonebox said they had to be the one to initiate porting out. I already activated my Public Mobile sim with IMEI on purpose of porting out my phone number without getting my account number from Phonebox. But it was totally mistake ._.

CS_Agent cancelled the porting out request and gave me my temporary phone number. I told Phonebox that Public Mobile cancelled requesting porting out, and then everything went on a roll.  After that, Phonebox gave me the account number, and I gave it to CS_Agent. Unless getting an account number from Phonebox, you cannot port out.

Thank you for everyone to assist me!

@darlicious 

None taken, thanks for the heads up.

We are here to help.

Haven’t been here for a while…too busy at work…it was to be part time on call!

Thanks @darlicious   for the link

Yes, I was reading your reply earlier in this thread, comparing with the solution OP picked, I was lost  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Here is the info on phonebox that I collected....the same link as above even though the wording in the link is misleading.....workarounds whaddya gonna do?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/831257/highlight/tru...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mikity 

Im glad to hear your poblem has been solved but can you clarify what resolved the issue? Your chosen solution conflicts with the info on the phonebox site regarding porting out so we would like to know what the correct porting out info is....? Do you get a PAT (porting authorization text) from phonebox? If yes then that is new info that phonebox should update and we can help others that find themselves in the same situation as yourself. Otherwise if not then your chosen solution contains misinformation that could lead other new customers astray.

@BKNS27 

No offense....just want to ensure we have the correct info on porting out from phonebox and I can edit my post to contain the correct info.

@mikity   did you end up contacting PhoneBox first and tell them about the porting and authorize on the phone? Just want to see how their porting process differ from others

mikity

Thank you for everyone! It was solved 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mikity 

Check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

If the number is portable over to Public Mobile, and you no longer want to port the number over to Public Mobile OR you do want to want to continue to try and port over to Public Mobile submit a ticket with CSA.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Direct link for ticketing: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mikity   did you provide IMEI to the porting request?  I think you should provide PM the account number

You want to cancel the porting out but cannot?  Login to My Account, check the phone number showing on the My Account, is that showing the old number that you want to port out?   or a new number you don't recognize?  If that is the case, you porting request was cancelled. 

And how long you requested porting?  Porting request older than 30 days will be cancelled and PM will randomly pick you a new phone number

Or reboot the phone first, then try calling any of your other number and see what is the call display showing, you  should see it displays another phone number.

If that is the case, you can try to re-request porting again, but this time do not use IMEI but use the account number for Phonebox. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mikity 

Phonebox has a different way of porting out your number and basically requires you to contact them to port out which authorizes the port request by the customer. Once approved they prepare your account # and contact you with it via email. So before they will do this you must contact pm customer support to cancel the port request you initiated upon activation.

You can always try the telus porting department phone # again to see if you can cancel that way and report back if you can? This is a case highlighting the importance of including an alternate phone number when porting a phone number into public mobile....which you smartly did! Use the link below for more info and contact info for Phonebox. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/831257/highlight/tru...

You can contact customer support below or by the links provided by @BKNS27 .

Edit:

Or not because I just realized there are no links in the above post so skip that idea and just use the links below....type "porting problem" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mikity 

Do you have a PhoneBox SIM or is it an eSIM?

If you have a PhoneBox SIM, you will need to leave it in your phone and wait for a text confirming your are porting over to PM…you have a 90 minute window to reply with YES.

If you missed this step or didn’t reply within the timeframe. You will need to contact a CS_Agent via private message (envelope icon above) or SIMon Chatbot and create a ticket at the bottom of this page to restart the porting process.

If it is an eSIM, contact a CS_Agent to see how they can help you with the porting.

CS_Agent are available from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Need Help? Let's chat.