cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred my # out of Public Mobile, now I can't log in to my account

ogilviejohn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I successfully xferred my # to Bell (better local coverage) but when I tried to log in to my PM account to cancel service I can't do it. Uname/password are ones I've used many times. Can't reset the password, as if my email (uname) isn't in the system anymore. 

Does xferring your # out of PM delete your user account? Cheers. 

7 REPLIES 7

@ogilviejohn wrote:

Sincere thanks to the multiple people who replied (all confirming that my account is closed). Thanks, folks, this is a great community. I had no problem with PM (my wife is still on it) but I live in a rural area and Bell (Virgin) just has more bars.. thanks again to all!

Are you in the Winnipeg area?  In most case, Bell having more bars/beter reception isn't a possibility because the initital connections in most of the country from the phone to the "towers" are identical  when comparing Bell to Telus.

ogilviejohn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sincere thanks to the multiple people who replied (all confirming that my account is closed). Thanks, folks, this is a great community. I had no problem with PM (my wife is still on it) but I live in a rural area and Bell (Virgin) just has more bars.. thanks again to all!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting out your number you cease to be PM customer thus you do not need account anymore. It was closed/deleted forever.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ogilviejohn 

Once you port out from Public mobile, your self service account is permanently closed.  By porting out, you cancelled your PM account.  You should not be charged further.  You still should keep track on your credit card as there have been a few cases where the customer still being charged afterwards.  In the ideal situation, you could have removed your credit card information before you ported out.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ogilviejohn   this is normal.  You do not need to do anything to cancel.  Once you ported out, your account is closed.  Nothing else you need to do 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ogilviejohn yes once you port number your account is closed

Need Help? Let's chat.