cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in my area

adda03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am staying in Enfield Place Mississauga, ON - L5B4L8. Last one month I am getting only 1 bar whenever I try to call from home. Whenever I am outside I have no issue.I can’t call or get call when ever I am in home. Any one face this issue, need to know what is the solution ?

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@adda03 

Is there any new construction in your area? Your local towers are fairly farther away other than the ones servicing Square One. There could be work being done on one tower in your area that appears it would be finished in the next week or two at the most. Keep your phone in 3G mode or download a voip provider app like textnow and choose a local number. Call forward your your busy/unreachable setting for your pm number to your textnow number so you can recieve your incoming pm calls on your textnow number while you are at home on wifi. This way you can stay on your autoconnect setting and not miss calls or have them default to voicemail.

In one and in two weeks ( if necessary) retest your 3G signal strength to see if those values have changed?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@adda03  Do you mean your service is OK once you step outside the building or home where you are?  Could it just be wherever you're staying, the structure is blocking the signal coming from the cell towers?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@adda03 

Thanks for the postal code. I will check your local towers. In the meantime check your actual 3G signal strength while in 3G mode. You want to find your __dBm(?) reading.

Turn off the phone’s WiFi connection.

Open the Phone app

On the keypad, dial *3001#12345#*

Press call

You should now see the field test mode menu. To view your phone’s signal strength in dBms for the nearest cellular tower:

Select 3G if given the option. On some iPhones, you may be taken directly to the next step. 

Select Serving Cell Meas.

Select rsrp0

Selecting rsrp0 tells you the strength of the signal you’re receiving from the nearest cell tower. If you choose rsrp1, you’re getting a reading from a further tower. 

You can test this both in and outside your home to see how much interference or impediment the construction materials of your home cause to your signal strength. If equipment upgrades on your usual cell tower are causing your phone to connect to a tower further away then the materials impeding your signal strength can cause a service issue until the upgrades on your usual tower are finished. Typically these kind of upgrades take 5 to 6 weeks to complete so you may have to remain in 3G mode for that period until you can return to autoconnect mode.

Please report back your signal strength readings. Ideally your 3G signal strength should be between -60dBm and -80dBm. -81dBm to -94dBm is acceptable. -95dBm to -100dBm is poor and anything below -100dBm is pretty much unusable. 4G LTE readings are not comparable with 3G readings on the same scale.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@adda03   Did you reboot the phone?

@adda03  yes, look like the LTE /4G tower in your area is the problem.  

You can leave it with 3G if you are at home and change it back to LTE when you are outside

But if you have a 3G speed plan , you can just keep it with 3G until the issue is resolved

adda03

As @dabr @told I convert to 3g, now I am getting all status bar. Problem is only voice. I will try to create a ticket though.

adda03

I put 3g. Let see for some times.

@adda03   it could be a network tower problem with the one close to your home.  was it data and voice both do not work?

Again, make sure you change the network to 3G and see if it helps

Select Settings.,  Mobile Data.,  Mobile Data Options,  Voice & Data.
To enable 3G, select 3G.

but I still suggest you to open a ticket with PM and have them to confirm if there is any known problem with the network tower there :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

adda03

Hi, I am using iPhone 12 and whenever I am outside from my place, I have coverage. Not at the home location. This is happening only this month. I never face earlier with public mobile.

@adda03   the https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map  site is not a reliable source for outage

Try changing to 3G only for your preferred network and see if it helps

Also, when you say whenever you are out, you have no problem.  You meant if you stand right outisde your home and you have no issue? or you meant when you move to another area and you then have no issue?

and what brand and model is your phone?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@adda03   Try putting the phone into 3G network mode for now which should help with the calls.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@adda03 - if you have 1 bar and services are working then you are good. When your phone connects to a phone call do the bars increase?

If you have zero bars, then well, that is an issue. See @dabr 's post to see if that helps.

adda03

Thanks but it is showing no outage or coverage issue. But currently I have only 1 status bar and that will not allow to call or receive call. What to do ?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely something is blocking mobile signal. If there is a lot pf concrete or metal shields this is to expect.

It is possible that cell tower is malfunctioning and does not work 100% full power.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@adda03   You can try putting your phone into 3G network mode.  The problem could be temporary due to an outage or a nearby tower.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.