cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for calls

yaming_chen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My online account is active but I can’t make or receive phone calls. Please help asap! Customer service!

44 REPLIES 44

HI @yaming_chen   not to do with the 28 days.  It looks like it is just an system problem which affects some customers, but luckily not all.  I an my friends/family all have calls without problem

@KMcL wrote:

That makes sense, (the 28 days part), but I've never had that happen before and I've been a customer for a few years.

There being 28 days in February doesn't expose any type of error in the duration of the plans. Plans have never been monthly at Public Mobile. 

KMcL

That makes sense, (the 28 days part), but I've never had that happen before and I've been a customer for a few years.

yaming_chen

Thanks! I have tried all of these steps and options and finally got the service back to normal after the CS agent reset my account billing schedule! This was caused by the Public Mobile accounting system! No need to continue on this topic and issue anymore! Thanks!

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble making or receiving phone calls on your Public Mobile account. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check your signal strength: Make sure you have a strong signal on your phone by checking the signal bars. If you have a weak signal, try moving to an area with better reception.

2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can resolve connectivity issues. Try turning your phone off, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on.

3.  Ensure that your account is in good standing and that you have enough funds to make and receive calls. You can check your account balance by logging into your Public Mobile account on their website.

4. Check your phone settings: Verify that your phone's call settings are correct, and that call forwarding is not enabled.

5. Contact Public Mobile customer support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can contact Public Mobile customer support for further assistance. You can reach them by dialing 611 from your Public Mobile phone or by visiting their website and using their chat support feature.

I hope these steps help resolve the issue so you can start making and receiving calls again.

yaming_chen

Thanks to everyone for your kind help! My phone and my son’s phone are back with service for calls, after the CS agent’s support.

Sorry for bothering!

GordonLochhead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing here ??

GordonLochhead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree ??

There needs to be someway to contact someone if we have a problem ??

yaming_chen

I think the problem must be caused by the date of renewal, because February has 28 days only. This is likely the problem with the Public Mobile accounting system! I still have no service for calls, although the status of my account is active and has been renewed automatically with the automatic credit card payment set up. No response from CS agent! So bad with the Customer Service. I think all the users should push the service provider to allow using Telus customer service to resolve issues faster! Otherwise, they will lose customers! Thanks!

yaming_chen

Sent a message a while ago and another message a couple of minutes ago to CS agent, using the link provided. No response yet. Still can’t make phone calls or receive calls.

KMcL

I submitted a request for service this a.m. and haven't gotten a reply yet, but within minutes of submitting, my phone started working again for incoming/outgoing.  Not sure if it was just coincidentally, but assuming so.

yaming_chen

Reboot it but still not working. Sent a message to CS agent but no response yet! 

@KMcL   thanks for reporting back

@yaming_chen , maybe you can try to make calls again too.  If still does not work, reboot the phone once and try

KMcL

Thanks for replying.  In the minutes after submitting a message for support with the CS agent, my phone is now working again.  I was getting a message something to the effect of "you have not subscribed to this service" whenever I called anyone.  Either way all good now.

@KMcL   so, you see the phone connects but no voice calls?

did you try to change the preferred network type or network mode to 3G and check if the phone connects in such settings and if you can make/receive calls?

If nothing works, please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

KMcL

I have the same thing happening on my line.  I don't want to do the report phone lost in case that messes up my account so I'm going to try messaging an agent...?

@yaming_chen wrote:

If you are an agent, please check out and help fixing this issue asap! Thanks.

@yaming_chen - we are all customers and members like you here. @JK8 provided methods to contact Public Mobile representatives in an earlier post.

There certainly seems to be an issue with either network/towers, or an issue with some accounts on the day of their renewal.

I wonder if this has something to do with the dates our My Account's show. Plans are 30 days, but dates are displaying 31?

It's just kind of a last thing to try before you wake up to a reply from support tomorrow.

Suspend, log out, log back in, resume, restart phone. It really only takes a minute.

yaming_chen

Thanks. I will try tomorrow. Too late now at midnight. 

yaming_chen

Yes, it shows paid with zero balance due.

yaming_chen

Thank you! This is horrible service!

Please try the lost/stolen function as mentioned. There's nothing to worry about. It's really just a suspend of the account. It won't blacklist it or be reported to the cops. This problem has been happening a bit these last day or two and this might be a way to work it out. It's an old "trick" that has been known to fix things. Another old trick is to add a small amount of money like a dollar but that has been taken away by the new system not letting small amounts be added unless there's already enough balance to pay the plan.

Are you on the old rewards system? If so then the lost/stolen will cause a problem at your next renewal with getting the rewards paid. But if you're on points then that doesn't happen.

@yaming_chen 

I am not an agent but a customer like you. If you sent in a ticket you will have to wait for a reply during business hours indicated above. Keep an eye on the email icon top right for an agent to contact you.

@yaming_chen 

If you look at payment history in self service does it say it has been paid?

yaming_chen

If you are an agent, please check out and help fixing this issue asap! Thanks.

yaming_chen

No, haven’t tried and fear to try lost and found options! Tried to call 611 or #611, hearing “sorry, we can’t complete your call”. I checked my credit card transaction, only one payment record, but my phone account shows the payment has been made with zero balance due and it is active, and the new cycle has started as of today March 1. My cycle payment / renewal date.

@yaming_chen 

Did you try the lost/stolen option above?

Also what does your payment history say for your renewal. Was money taken out? When is your renewal date? When you call 611 does it say your account is active?

yaming_chen

Fear to test these steps! Not sure if it will work and fear my account could be deactivated by claiming the phone is lost and found.

yaming_chen

Tried my SIM card into another unlocked phone, no luck.

@yaming_chen 

Try this:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
  2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Profile] --> [Report Lost/Stolen Phone]
  3. Logoff
  4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
  5. Report your phone found.
  6. Turn off your phone for 1 min then back on.  
Need Help? Let's chat.