cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining

StuGattz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I am considering joining public mobile but an concerned by the lack of customer service access.

Do they have a call centre if you are not a customer. What if i want to just ask a quick question..

Why so difficult? Im a little apprehensive. Is the call and signal strength any good??

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@StuGattz 

PM is a 3rd tier Telus online service and communication is done through Chat or private messaging. They rely on others members helping each other to save on hiring staff for simple questions.

Answer to your question, if you are near a Telus tower or Bell tower…reception is excellent but check the coverage in your area:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@StuGattz   I think you can ask a question of PM support via the chat icon bottom right of this page.  You could also ask your question here.  But if you will need call centre phone support once you are signed up then Public Mobile probably isn't for you.  I've been here two years and never really had a problem.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can ask questions via the community without being a customer, you can even send messages directly to customer support through it.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@StuGattz  this is my own personal experiences.

I have been here 5+ years.  Never had an issue with dropped calls, no internet,  texting or any service failures. Never had a need to call and speak to anymore for any reason re service. 🪵

Service is through its parent company Telus. 

Only time I messages them was 2x recently when I wanted to switch my current plan to a different plan that was for new customers only. I was turned down both times and quite rudely even after a 'manager' wrote me back.

Contact methods are through tickets and private messages for account related issues.  Other than that, you do everything yourself through your online account. 

Your common day to day help is this community here for quick questions. 

They say it's to keep the costs down, but I don't know about that anymore. 

It might be a bit rocky to start, but after that, you should be cruising. 

Need Help? Let's chat.