cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch plans to the $15/ month available to new clients?

Anthony123451
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Afternoon,

I have been a loyal client for over 6 years and was paying just over $13/ month with loyalty rewards applied. Since the new rewards program came into effect, my monthly fee has risen to $22.60. This change in reward programs was forwarded to me ahead of time along with BONUS data, which my plan did not have previously on purpose since I do not use data on my phone. What was not mentioned ahead of time was that my payments will almost double. Times are tough and I cannot sustain this increase. I was happy to be a Public Mobile customer all this time because the phone service is good, the prices were reasonable, and fees actually decreased over time. The new rewards system does not adequately reduce fees as did in the previous program. This poses finacial issues for myself, and I am sure, many clients. I would like to remain with Public Mobile and have been searching for solutions on their website. I have used the chatbot and asked how I can change to a more affordable plan, specifically the $15/ month plan available only to new clients according to the website. It tells me I can change under the Subscriptions section and to choose the $15 plan. This is not so as it is only available to new clients only as mentioned under the Shop tab and is not listed as an available plan to an existing client when I am signed in. So I humbly ask: What do I need to do or with whom do I need to talk to to switch to this plan and keep my current phone number? Finding a direct customer support phone number is next to impossible and I've been trying for a long time. Please help me to remain with the Public Mobile family. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why not contact CS and politely ask to be UPGRADED to the new $15 4G plan.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hairbag1 That unadvertised $19 plan has been there for a while. They probably want to push new customers to the $21 plan instead.

@golfball 

when I log in to my account / Change Plans...I see there is a $19 / 30 day/ 4G available for everyone.  When I go to top of this page Shop Plans...it doesn't have a $19 / 30 day plan available. Just more confusing PM info. Someone at PM is too lazy to make info current and correct.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You cannot do this without a new account. You would have to port out to another carrier (such as Freedom or Lucky Mobile) and then back to Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anthony123451 

when I log in to my account, I see that PM does have a $19 / 30day plan available to all customers. That might help you.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Anthony123451  The lowest cost plan existing customers can switch to is the $19 1GB data 4G plan but if you don't use data at all you might want to look at Telus's $100 for the year plan, which currently has unlimited calling/texting but no data for two years before reverting to 400 + 400.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For existing customers the cheapest plan is $19 which will include 1 GB at 4G speeds, still not bad

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anthony123451 

the currently offered $15 plan is for new activations. PM is offering a $21 plan ($19 / 90 day plan) if that helps.

ed...that plan is for new activations as well. You could cancel your current PM plan...then get a new sim to start a new acct on the $15 or $21 ($19) as a new client.  OR...wait and see if plans improve over summer months.

Need Help? Let's chat.