Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service

Johnbest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can text but can’t. Make or receive calls

9 REPLIES 9

@Luddite wrote:

No longer Autopay but Subscription; toggle for on/off under Payments >> Manage Subscription. 

@Luddite , whoops! Thank you. I didn’t realize it wasn’t called autopay anymore. Seems to me it still should be since it’s automatically paying for it! 🤣 A few things have changed! No wonder I’m confused! 😁

No longer Autopay but Subscription; toggle for on/off under Payments >> Manage Subscription. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Johnbest  Also you can port your number out of public mobile to a new carrier and that will close out your public mobile account also 

@Johnbest , if you mean that you want to close your Public Mobile account then stop paying for it, disable auto pay or submit a support ticket to ask a CSA to remove your payment card! After 90 days of non payment your account will permanently closed!

If you mean how to make your phone service work better you already created a post about that right before this one that you received responses back on trying to help you!

@softech , possibly the issue from the post Op created earlier but never replied back to from people trying to help!

No phone service 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Johnbest - more details would be helpful. Are you new with Public, or have been a customer for some time now?

And what trouble shooting have you tried already?

Try 1 or more of the below:

• restart your phone
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works
  • manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if services work

@Johnbest   Can you explain what was the issue and maybe we can help?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Johnbest   

is Mobile Data working?

does voice ever work and just stopped working?

or you just joined PM and it never works?  What brand and model of your phone?

Try this first.

Change the Preferred network or network mode to 3G Only (or WCDMA only).  Please pay attention and see if it connects to PM network at all after you made the change.  If not, there is a problem with the 3G in your area and hence causing problem

If  you have a  newer phone,  you can also try VoLTE

enabled VoLTE on your device :

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Johnbest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.