cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet while account displays everything is fine and 6Mb already used

Tatyana12345678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Consumed all data before day of payment. Data service stops and account displays "service is suspended, pay to restore, if autopayment is active then discard the message". today payment is done, no warnings or notes, data is active, 6Mb has been used already (I did not use data at all!), but data is inactive on phone, connection is impossible. This is first time since service started. What is this?

13 REPLIES 13

Yes, as I said, there will be no line about data remaining after it has all been used, even if it's part of the base plan.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

Could you please provide screenshot of your account showing 6144/6144 MB used?

A Self Serve account wouldn't show that as that line would disappear after all of the data has been used.

I never exhausted my data so I assumed it will show like this. I will try to use all my data before next renewal to see with my own eyes 🙄

I understand add-ons will be removed from account when completely used but default allowance...?

Thanks @computergeek541 

@Yummy wrote:

A Self Serve account wouldn't show that as that line would disappear after all of the data has been used.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

After renewal it should be 0/6144 MB

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tatyana12345678 

Public Mobile has a 5.2mb buffer. This data is reset overnight or when you enable airplane mode. The other 0.08mb will be your phone's OS app and the system apps contained within. Whenever your phone connects to mobile data very small amounts of data will be used for your phone to configure to the network.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Tatyana12345678 wrote:

If data are disabled and I cannot connect internet why the apps can consume the data?

It's not really used. The 5MB is a known bug but it resets on its own.

@Tatyana12345678 

If your wifi assistance is enabled, when there is weak wifi around. The wifi assistance will consume data for eg. apps updates in the background.

Tatyana12345678

If data are disabled and I cannot connect internet why the apps can consume the data?

Tatyana12345678

Did it but no luck with data service return

Tatyana12345678

Today, I believe

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Tatyana12345678 

If you turn your data off and on or even turn your phone off with data enabled, your phone will call to the public mobile data server. This is to enable mms on your phone

This type of data is free for everyone. No need to worry about it. Usually between 5-6 MB.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tatyana12345678 

There might be apps working offline in the background that maybe using up the 6mb data.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When was your renewal supposed to be? 

Need Help? Let's chat.