cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling US for 1 call: can I buy add on for this or do I need to change my phone plan?

ItsSands
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone, 

I need to make just 1 important call to the US but I don't know how to go about this.

I'm on a $35 plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 2GB at 3G Speed + 500MB AutoPay
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

And I recently bought a couple add-ons after reading some forums. I bought the first 1GB Data a couple days ago and today I bought another 250 MB. However, I don't think this is right. I don't want to waste any more money on this lol 

My Add-ons 

US Roaming  - 1 GB Data (10-day)

US Roaming 0 250 MB Data (10-day)

Please help! I'm not sure changing my plan for 1 call is the right way to go either. 

Thank you in advance! 🙂 

Sands

9 REPLIES 9

This is the best way to go if it is literally only one call. Although the 1000 mins add on isn't bad value either

@ItsSands    How long have you had an account with PM?  I just realized that you've had a Community profile for over a year and if you activated a phone account since or before December 2021, then you would have received the free holiday gifts last Dec. from PM which gave you 2GB data plus 500 International mins.  Those international mins also facilitate calling to the US, so you may not have needed to purchase the additional US mins. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have a great day as well @ItsSands 

ItsSands
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @dabr , @dust2dust , @BeachNBeer and @LeePublic 🙏 You've saved me the embarrassment of wasting more money, and provided such great information. I truly appreciate how fast you all came to my aid too.

Have a good day all 🙂 

BeachNBeer

@ItsSands I'd save the $15 and go with TEXTNOW APP. Which is free..but that's just me lol. Hasn't failed me in many years for clear calls anywhere in the world.

LeePublic

Just buy the 1000 minute US long distance package, it's $15, and it will be kept on your account until fully used up. @ItsSands 

BeachNBeer

@ItsSands Download TEXTNOW APP. you'll get another Canadian number in your area and you can Call/Text USA/Can Numbers for free over Wi-Fi. Has caller ID and even voicemail when not online. Other people don't need the app just the number to reach you.

Contact support at link below to get ythe incorrect add-ons refunded. It's at their discretion if they'll refund you but they're usually helpful when people make an error.

send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I suggest getting a voip app and using that while on wifi to make the one call.

The roaming is only for while in the states. There's a US add-on but you only need one call.

So contact the support people and they should be able to put your paid money back into your balance.

I would also suggest doing a plan change from your slightly older version of that plan. There's now an extra 500mb.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ItsSands   You need to purchase the 1000 US mins/$15 to make calls to the US from Canada. The roaming data is only useful for travel in the US so if that was a mistake, you'll need to ask customer support to give you a refund as a gesture of goodwill if the wrong add-on was bought in error. 

Click the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen to submit a ticket for customer support.

Edit:  BTW, the 1000 mins don't expire and unused mins will stay on your account until depleted, however, the roaming add-ons are only available for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.