cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred phone number not working

fanofpublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told just now that my phone number was transferred. But when I call my number I get the message 6UC2 the number is no longer in service. Can you please help me get this solved?

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you didn't get the porting text, since it has been over 90 mins you will have to reinitiate that to complete porting if that ends up being your issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fanofpublic wrote:

I was told just now that my phone number was transferred. But when I call my number I get the message 6UC2 the number is no longer in service. Can you please help me get this solved?

Jeanette Stead

@fanofpublic  - porting over another cell number can take 2-3 hours to complete.

Porting a landline/voip number can take 3+ days to complete.

Did you port over a number that was an ACTIVE account? You can only port in active numbers (exceptions to this rule could be if it was coming from Telus or Koodo, as these are all the same parent companies).

*I will send you the porting telephone number, to see if they can assist. We are not allowed to post this in the forum, so check out your Private Messages.

If the porting line cannot help you, while you wait for a response from CSA, try :

*restarting your phone with your Public Mobile SIM card inside

*perform a reset of the device's network settings.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fanofpublic  Sounds like your port is stuck or incomplete. Did you receive a text from old provider where you had to authorize the port by replying YES?

In any event contact support they will help you out.

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.