cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No honour!?

Miffed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. Okay so a couple days ago I bought some top up vouchers. I thought I'd have no problem signing up for an account for public mobile as I had none before! Well I tried everything! I've tried desktop view, I've tried mobile view and from a mobile hotspot to a land internet and still I cannot seem to find where to input my voucher codes at all! I can find is promo codes, friend referral codes and credit card number inputs which none of I have so where the hell do I find the lines that I input the code for my vouchers or are they just selling vouchures at the store now and taking people's money and ripping people off!?
10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@Miffed 

Hopefully you followed @Outdoorsman 's advice and contacted customer support to help you activate with your vouchers. And I agree it's completely backwards to have eliminated the ability to activate with vouchers and is an accessibility issue that is contrary to the mandate set out by the CRTC and should be raised in a complaint to them upon the upcoming review of the WCC.

Yes, I don't understand the logic behind removing the voucher option for activation either, especially if this is still accommodated after contacting CSA's, so really creating an unnecessary step for customers who don't have/want to pay with CC/Debit VISA/MC.

Miffed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All great ... if you have an account already! Thanks for your input, though!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Miffed 

Hopefully you followed @Outdoorsman 's advice and contacted customer support to help you activate with your vouchers. And I agree it's completely backwards to have eliminated the ability to activate with vouchers and is an accessibility issue that is contrary to the mandate set out by the CRTC and should be raised in a complaint to them upon the upcoming review of the WCC.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Miffed  Just a vagary of the new system. Note also that you will automatically be enrolled for autopay if you do elect to activate with a credit card. 
Of course, you can always pay with vouchers even if you have registered a credit card. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The system no longer take vouchers at activation. The other method for doing it yourself is to get one of those visa gift cards. Then after you're activated you can use those vouchers for your renewal.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Miffed hi you can still activate with your voucher you need to contact a customer service agent 

private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

to explain your issue, they will open a "shell account " for you and you can activate with your voucher , check your community envelope at the top right of this page for a reply from them 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Vouchers could be added either through web site at Payments

Meow_0-1668094307950.png

OR through calling 611.

If web site is giving you hard time then try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to try to log in. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down.

Meow_1-1668094359726.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

N/a

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Miffed 

You need to activate with a payment card first and then add vouchers via 611 or self service account.

“Next, select your preferred method of payment. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express), and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian and American financial institutions, and are registered to a Canadian or American address.”

Need Help? Let's chat.