cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Cairns76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today I have no data. A couple is weeks ago I switched to the new $39 plan that was offered. I opted to have it take effect on my billing date which is today. I have reset my network settings, rebooted my phone but nothing seems to work. Have not heard of any outages in my area. Texting and voice still work.

31 REPLIES 31

shinchu99

i was able to get my service back with Cs_agent emailing back an forward for the last 3 hrs she was able to reset the sim card service and i had to reboot my phone 5 times in order to get it to work. just some odd reason for the renewal for the new plans this never happen before i was able to change my renewal plan no problem back then just this time today first time it happen... im not sure is it the new plan for 5G and 4G service are crashing each other or who knows 🤔

@Cairns76 

reboot the phone once more time

if still not working, reply agent (I assume you messaged them earlier?)

Cairns76

Well everything worked for a few minutes, but now texting works but no data again

tangmichael88

Happy to reply things are fixed for me. text and data. 

Cairns76

Same problems here, I don't use imessage, just old fashioned texts. Voice call only, at least outgoing (no one has called me) Got a response from support, just waiting for a fix

@tangmichael88- A customer in another thread said support did something and it worked. So I'm not sure what your support person is on about. More YMMV around here. Ask them again.
I had understood from another customer that resetting network settings would get talk and text. But you're saying not text. And you're certain you're not using imessage "texting". They're not real sms texts. They're old school instant messages that need the internet.

tangmichael88

I meant real sms text not working, not mms. No to sms text & data. Yes to voice calls.  CAS is aware that multiple customers are affected by the same issue, they are escalating it to a higher level to fix it. 

Cairns76

Done all the recommendations, still nothing. No word from support yet. Oh and texting not working either, just voice

@tangmichael88- It makes sense that mms wouldn't work because it uses the cell data. Odd that you can't receive 2fa's. Are you receiving real sms texts from anybody else? So what works, calls in and out, real sms texts in and out?
Have you heard back from support yet?

tangmichael88

Yes iPhone. I've confirmed I can't send or receive mms even after network resets. I can't even do 2FAs with my phone number, need to do it as email (where I'm using wifi connection). 

@tangmichael88- iphone? In imessage turn on send as sms and send as mms. Then your phone can do real sms texting. Or turn off imessage altogether and that would make the messaging just straight sms texting. This may complicate matters with your other iphone recipients iirc. Android has a thing called RCS that you could turn off as well. The fact that data isn't working means that those two features won't work because they need the internet via either wifi or cell data.

tangmichael88

Talk has always been fine. But texts haven't been going through. 

@tangmichael88- Nothing? Or still no data? I was suggesting that for talk and text. It would appear support can get data going now though.

tangmichael88

Yes I did. still nothing. 

@tangmichael88- Did you do a reset network settings? That might get talk and text back. When I say text I mean real SMS text, not imessage on an iphone or RCS on an Android.

shinchu99

@Jac_momof4, im still waiting for the Cs_agent replying

tangmichael88

Nice. I'm working with a CSA too. unfortunately, still no data/text service after resetting. 

Jac_momof4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just finished with the CSA and he reset the SIM services on his end and it worked. We have full service again. 

🤞🏼 Hopefully the rest of your issues can be worked out quick and it's as simple as my fix.

shinchu99

@softechyes it was change today

@shinchu99 

was the plan change today?

shinchu99

im having same issue as well when i change my plan to 20gb to 40gb plan of $50 can-us now  i am waiting for the Cs_agent replying back to me

Jonathan847

I am having the same exact problem after going from the 50gb plan to 20gb plan 

Cairns76

Just updated to ios 16.6 and after phone restarted i couldn’t receive the login number for verification

@tangmichael88 

use the link to send a message to CSA for their investigation....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tangmichael88

I'm having the same issue too, also recently switched to the $39/20Gb plan. Text messages aren't getting through either. 

Cairns76
  • Did that and have reached out to CS_agent. Thanks

Jac_momof4

I'm having the same problem. Although, I can't text either.

I've also rebooted the phone, reset the network settings, rebooted the phone and tried the SIM in a different phone. 

I've sent a message to the CSA and am awaiting reply. If I hear back from them and it gets fixed, I'll let you know.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cairns76  .try rebooting the phone or reset network settings . If no luck please submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cairns76

Yes going from 15gb to 20gb

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cairns76 

sounds like others have the same issue after switching plans. Contact a CSA for their help.

added link...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.