cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't work in the US on iPhone

ElegantTomato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

My wife and I both have the same plan with Public which allows us to use our data in both the Canada and the US. We recently travelled over the border for the first time since signing up with Public. I have an Android phone and I had no issues accessing data and making phone calls. However, my wife has an iPhone 11 and was unable to get coverage. We played around with the settings without luck. How do we fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

iPhone 13 should work well with VOLTE, data and text.  Before your next trip, just make sure iOS is updated and Carrier Profile is the latest one.  Also, many found setting the network mode to 4G or LTE helps 

ElegantTomato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone! I should also mention that she was unable to make calls or send text either. We're heading across the border in a few weeks an will try setting the phone to LTE and manually connect to a network. Fingers crossed!

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ElegantTomato 

I have an iPhone 12. Most times when entering the US by car, my phone automatically switches over and works fine but one time this summer I had to manually select one of the US roaming partners and restart my phone to get it working. Meanwhile, my husband’s iPhone Xr connected automatically. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I also have an iphone and have had no issues when travelling in the US.  Let us know if you get it working.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

She may have to manually connect to a US network

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ElegantTomato  Do you have data roaming turned on in phone settings ? Also set phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile /AT&T or Verizon 

Need Help? Let's chat.