cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last day of Services

Mashie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service is Ending July 31, 2023. Does that mean I will still have services that day?

17 REPLIES 17

Mashie

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Really helps to decide what to do. Like do I really want to pay $35 for only 9 days of service when I come back or just suspend it and reactivate when I'm back. I'll think about it a bit. Thanks for being so informative!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nice referalls! The two rewards will be paid in to your balance on the 30th. You said you turned off autopay (subscription). So the plan shouldn't renew (stupid things happen around here though). Then when you return you can get your balance up to your plan cost. The problem is that the custom payments in the account require the plan cost when the balance is less than the plan cost. So you would need to use other payment methods to put in only what you need. Like vouchers via the account or 611, or set amounts from your credit card requiring your 4 digit account pin through 611, or the chatbot, or real time payments in some stores.

You only want to put in $32. The taxes are handled separately.

Mashie

Would you say I need to add the full balance or just the total after rewards? 

Mashie_0-1690478454213.png

When you return you'll need to deposit enough to get your balance up to your plan cost (if you have rewards, not points, otherwise just pay the whole plan cost). Just turning on autopay again won't restart it.

Mashie

I think I have decided to just leave it and re-subscribe when im back from my trip. Generally I would just need the data which I can live without plus airport wifi is not the worst.

Or use a voip app on that wifi until you board. I wouldn't waste the money. But that's me.
You could also forward all calls to the voip app the night before or maybe that morning before services stop. Even more work would be to forward texts to the voip app too. But that has other complications.

Mashie

Being on auto pay I have never really noticed when the service "renews". I mean worst case if all of  sudden it stops working in the morning, I'll connect to wifi and re-subscribe 🙂

There's usually some grace time until payment is attempted some time in the morning that services will continue working. It's not like at the stroke of midnight everything shuts off. So depending on when you actually board the plane, you might continue to have service.

I should have said that earlier. I was only talking about the paid dates.

Mashie

Honestly, at this point I may as well just keep my services active so I wont have to worry about not having services on July 31. Thanks for all the help!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Mashie 

If you are on AutoPay (Subscribed), service will continue as usual. But if you disable Subscribed and paying manually, service will end around 12:00 midnight EST in July 31.

Wtih much confusion about which day midnight would refer to, I would avoid using this term.  The arguement could be made that midnight isn't the start of a day but rather the end of a day.

They have been showing that extra day for too long now. Your services work from 12:01am eastern of the first date until the 12:01am eastern of the second date. That second date really should be the day before at 11:59pm eastern.

@Mashie wrote:

I will be leaving out the country July 31 and thats when my plan ends. I have turned off Auto pay just to save some money and reactivate it when im back 3 weeks after. Initially I am wondering if I will still have services on the last day since I will be spending time at airports in Canada 

@Mashie 

likely not on July 31

Again, it might be showing

Current Subscription Cycle:  Jul 01, 2023 -Jul 31, 2023

PM is running on 30 days cycle.   So, your service will not work on July 31st

@Mashie wrote:

My service is Ending July 31, 2023. Does that mean I will still have services that day?

I wouldn't rely on the date shown to you inside Self Serve or the app.  Public Mobile shows an incorrect date on the account overview page (although the correct date is shown elsewhere in the account).  On the main overview page, your last day of service is the day before the date that is shown.

Mashie

I will be leaving out the country July 31 and thats when my plan ends. I have turned off Auto pay just to save some money and reactivate it when im back 3 weeks after. Initially I am wondering if I will still have services on the last day since I will be spending time at airports in Canada 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mashie 

depends where you see it

if you see it form Overview page, it might show our service from July 1 to July 31, then NO, July 31 is the new cycle and you need to pay before that

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mashie 

If you are on AutoPay (Subscribed), service will continue as usual. But if you disable Subscribed and paying manually, service will end around 12:00 midnight EST in July 31.

Jess121

You may have services for part of the day, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.