cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on $15 dollar plan with auto pay.

Can_Yeager
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my sons account which is $15 dollars a month with autopay. His data usage show a extremely small amount data used.

should have 250mb of data but he can’t open a web page.

He is using an iPhone and yes his cell data is turned on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Can_Yeager 

[update for future reference: This is an combined effort.  🙂

OP needed to set the APN settings (iPhone) to isp.mb.com and reboot then phone. He then also found out Safari Mobile Data access to toggled off and have to turn it back on]

Can his other apps use mobile data ?

Also, iPhone can allow or disallow  individual app use Mobile Data or not.  Did you check if Safari is enabled for Mobile Data or not?

E-iPhone_Data.png

and can you logon to My Account and post a screenshot of his data remaining from My Account Overview tab? something like this:

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Can_Yeager Log into his account to see if data is left. On the Overview page, you will see 250MB data add-on. If it is missing, it means he used it all up. Go to usage history and it will show you when and how much it was used.  Sometimes WiFi assist feature uses data when you're on a weak wifi network. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

daki28
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Can_Yeager wrote:

I set up my sons account which is $15 dollars a month with autopay. His data usage show a extremely small amount data used.

@Can_Yeager Does data work for anything else? Like iMessage, or any other app that is using data? 

Can_Yeager
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

249 of 250mb remaining.

the account is only 1 week old, he has never been able to open a web page.

@Can_Yeager wrote:

249 of 250mb remaining.

Check in iPhone settings, it will show you which app used data. Then go to usage history to see when it was used. I suggest he should turn off WiFi assist. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@Can_Yeager wrote:

249 of 250mb remaining.

Check apn settings.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Edit: Is it 249 remaining or used up?

@Can_Yeager 

Have you checked for any software updates? Have you updated the carrier settings via iTunes? Here's all you need to know....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M24562

@Can_Yeager wrote:

249 of 250mb remaining.

If the overview shows 249 / 250 MB that means it is virtually all used up. But if it shows 1 / 250 MB and you translated that to “249 of 250mb remaining” then yes he has Used virtually none of the data. There are lots of ways that 250 MB of cell data can disappear in a heartbeat. Apps, updates, video, speed tests, etc.

AE_Collector

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Can_Yeager wrote:

@Can_Yeager 

Have you verified APN settings?

Tried a Network settings reset?

Do you have your own phone with working data? Try swapping the SIM with your son's and see what happens.

If your SIM works in his phone but his SIM doesn't work in yours, the SIM would be faulty.

In case on a SIM provisioning issue, you will need CS help:

Spoiler

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Can_Yeager 

[update for future reference: This is an combined effort.  🙂

OP needed to set the APN settings (iPhone) to isp.mb.com and reboot then phone. He then also found out Safari Mobile Data access to toggled off and have to turn it back on]

Can his other apps use mobile data ?

Also, iPhone can allow or disallow  individual app use Mobile Data or not.  Did you check if Safari is enabled for Mobile Data or not?

E-iPhone_Data.png

and can you logon to My Account and post a screenshot of his data remaining from My Account Overview tab? something like this:

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png