cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Spiro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks @Mary_M! Porting/activation issue sorted out. Really liking having my phone on PM 🙂

Will
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After three different browsers, I finally managed to click all the way through the activation process - just to reach a screen that said:

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

djpositivek

Hi,

I tried to activate my SIM to a brand new number and received the message:

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to offer.

@Saray_O

Looks like my Credit Card was charged and I received a welcome email although the autopay date is incorrect (Dec. 1, 2016) and I'm unable to logon to the self-serve site with my email address and password.

jckc

I try to open a new account, entered & sent the alternative number as the cell # to be ported over. And I try to re-enter the correct one and the site said my Sim card # is invalid. Please help

Purin

I have the exact same issue with the failed activation, and also noticed a weird "next autopay date" on the summary page of my failed activation. Signed up today for a 90-day plan but the next autopay date shows Dec 1, 2016... Baffling! Hopefully that's just a temporary error and won't be like that after the account is properly activated.

I've already PM'ed a mod per other posters' advice. Hopefully they'll get all of us sorted out soon.

margosmark
It's been 3 days myself with no reply or read receipt on the pm message hopefully get a response soon

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @kry

I'm sorry for this inconvenient, 

I have checked your account and I see that your port request is not complete. Could you send me this info through a private message? 

- account number with your previous service provider

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for your patience it's much appreciated in this trying time

kry

@Rockdaddy22  Thanks for the response, I do feel bad for all PM staffs on this community because it's not their fault that if anyone who wants to port a koodo number over are having issues. 

Rockdaddy22
@kry unfortunately it seems like it could be a couple days, I know that's crazy but this is a crazy time here with a crazy good promo.

Rockdaddy22
Ok at least we know the SIM is good, hopefully Mary or another mod can fix you up tomorrow.

kry

Does anyone know how long does it take to get a reply from PM?  I have private messaged a few times but I have not gotten any replies.  I did provide all the info in the message, unless there is something I am doing wrong. 

khatidaal

@Rockdaddy22

thanks for your reply. I did so and the phone is recognizing the service being from Public Mobile but no services working. Data, incoming/outgoing texts, incoming/outgoing calls aren't working. I haven't received a reply yet from @Mary_M but I think she just might be off work.

anilmani
Hey Jeremy.
Thanks for the update man. I have been seeing this contact a mod with activation issues. Could you please tell me how do I contact a mod? My email 3 days back from the contact us link have not recieved any responses. Will greatly appreciate your help

phaedrus
Any news on whats happening regarding partial activations. Waiting for a cople of days for some update.

anilmani
I have the same issue as well. Tried activation 3 days back. Credit card charged. Got a phone number . Got the account details summary etc. However once I popped in the SIM card nothing works. The message says talk is not included in the plan . Text message comes up with an error message. Can not login to self serve as email address is not recognized. Completely lost at this point of time. No response to the email sent from the contact us section after around 60 hours. Wondering what next

skwarek

it's active on temp number. this is what happens when i try to port my number from koodo

Rockdaddy22
People like @omin should be sending private messages to mods. Refer to Luddites post above

Rockdaddy22
@khatidaal try putting that invalid sim in your phone, sometimes it'll be active.

skwarek

@Mary_M How did you do it? Every time i check my number I get the same error message. "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." i'm trying to port it from Koodo

omin

It's been over 24 hours since activation and port and I'm unable to receive incoming calls and SMS. Outgoing calls, SMS, and data work fine. What weird is that I was able to receive SMS yesterday but it stopped working.

W0507636
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@JBROWN who assured you that the phone is unlocked, where did you get your phone, what type of phone, where is the sim not supported message coming from?

JBROWN

Trying to get my SIM up and running. Keep getting a message saying 

"SIM not supported under the activation policy of the current carrier."

I was with rogers, they assure me the phone is unlocked already. Have tried doing a factory reset as well. need a solution fast as I require my phone at work tonight!

sleddin111
Hi Dave. I got a one plus one also and i did not have to configure anything. Maybe a reboot is needed, not sure. Goodluck.

khatidaal

Originally posted in: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Invalid-SIM/m-p/86168

Hello,

I received 3 sim cards today. I was successfully able to activate and port 1 number from Rogers. However, the second card returned an error message at the summary stage after the payment was processed:

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="

" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

I tried again and it gave me the Invalid SIM message at the Let's get started stage. I was wondering what steps I could take to get this resolved?

I've also PM'd @Mary_M about this and am awaiting her reply.

Bobpop
Hi I tried to activate and port over but it said activation request failed and to visit this community. .. please help.

@zzguffy901 Your post has been moved to this thread. Jeremy is trying to aggregate all these issues here.

Yes, unfortunately similar situations are happening. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators.

Send them the information below by private message; address @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is not available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. Check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Meanwhile, if have no service you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Hang in there. You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kry

Hi I tried that method but i am still gettig the same error message and it won't let me port my koodo number over.  Can you please help

v3nice

Hi,

I was trying to activate my sim card for the 4GB for $40/month plan. Everything goes well until I click the submit button. The notification said that activiation failed. I am unable to login into selfserve eventhough I received an email saying account has been created. I even receive my 4-digit pin via text, and a reward program text! 

When I insert the PM sim card, there is no signal.

I have tried private messaging one of the moderator, and send email as well, but no one reply so far. =(

Was so excited when I got my sim card. Sigh~

zzguffy901

@Mary_M please assist 

Need Help? Let's chat.