cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

AaronL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've been trying to port my number for awhile now and it doesn't work.

It says there are technical difficulties and for me to contact PM.

My current bell plan is still active. When I plug in PM sim card the data and outgoing calls work. Incoming calls do not work which is weird. Clearly I am not fully ported over since my bell plan still works.

I sent two emails and facebook message and no reply.

Can somebody please assist me with this ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm so happy for you 🙂 Welcome to the PM family 🙂

Newtopublic
@Rockydaddy22 thank you so much I tried working with your suggestion and it worked . My new bumber is working 🙂 thanks a lot

Newtopublic
@Rockdaddy22 ohh let me try with just my initials

Rockdaddy22
There's a glitch, if you have a long name it prevents the drop down menu. Or change province.

Newtopublic
KK thanks for your reply. Already done that yesterday night checked with 2 different laptops and 3 browsers (IE, Chrome & Firefox) but no luck 😞

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Newtopublic

1. Clear your cache
2. Turn off pop bob up blockers
3. Restart your browser
4. Use desktop computer or laptop (because hard to see if you missed any boxes or have other errors on a tiny screen. Which maybe actial cause of error.)

If this helps, please mark your issue as solved and/or bravo.

Newtopublic

How it will help me in activating a new sim???? The activation process didn't ask for community user name

Rockdaddy22
Try shortening your name

Newtopublic
Hi, I received my public mobile sim yesterday and I am trying to activate it but no luck. On 2nd step of the process it asks whether you want to port a number or get a new number, when I am selecting new number there is a drop down menu in which I need to select city/ region but the drop down menu is blank with no options. I tried doing it from different browsers/ laptop but same issue. Can someone please give me solution to this problem, thanks

felicityc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes

felicityc

That requires another new email address i believe. I was trying to avoid that

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Try signing up a new account using the phone number assigned to it. If it's successful it'll texts message a conformation number to complete the sign up.

splashable

Did you use the email address that you provided to get into your account?

felicityc

Hi - I have just attempted to activate my sim card. I went through the process but at the end I was told activation failed. My credit card has been charged 137.97 and I received a welcome email stating my activation was successful. I cannot get into My Account using the information I supplied. My phone acknowledges the public mobile sime but does not have a plan. Help please.

Emmanuel

I am fine with waiting hoping my issue has been resolved but no response through pm or email that shows it is getting resolved...

Rockdaddy22
You could possibly lose your number that way. I'd at least give it a few more days.

ltcloc
Still waiting for port...would it be better for me to go into my account and get a new number just to get me going then port my number after?

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully this week they get to a lot of people.

stwsimon
Nov 20 for me. On the 22nd I submitted a ticket.

Druzeking
Yeah I sent a tweet on the same day. Hopefully it's soon. Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
They should get to you in the next day or 2. That's just from my personal observation. Don't forget facebook and twitter support

Druzeking
I sent my first message on November 19th

Rockdaddy22
When did you send your first message?

Druzeking
I ported my number 10 days ago. It never fully went through and I've had no reply from any of the mods since day one. I can't receive calls or texts and I need my phone.

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You can try signing up a new account with the phone number you got assigned. It will then text you a confirmation number to your phone.

sandals

Hello,

I tried to activate my new SIM card on November 18 for the promo plan and I received the following message::

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

I am not able to login to My Account to port over my number.
My credit card has been charged but I'm not able to log in and port my number. I did receive a welcome message however.

I have followed other members resolution strategies and Private Messaged moderators @Mary_M and @Shazia_K but they haven't read the message.

Please assist.

Rockdaddy22
Check the announcements it's all there.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@dansam100 , if you can show you bought the SIM during the promotion but it was delayed in the mail, PM will likely honor the deal but you will have to put in a ticket and/or contact a moderator directly. Unfortunately, the turn around time right now appears to be 10-14 days. If you are not getting service, the moderators also have the ability to change your start date.

If this was helpful, please bravo. If this answered your question, please mark as solved.
Need Help? Let's chat.