cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Have you tried the SIM in your phone?

Samanthamcrumb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Samanthamcrumb
I tried to activate my SIM card today and port my number to Public. On the last page it said activation failed but I received a confirmation email from Public that I have created a pin and a self-serve account along with details of the plan I ordered. I cannot log in to my self-serve account either. Please help.

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Heads up,  I was double charged nov 12.  Moderator contacted me and said it was fixed.  Bill comes today dec 15 and there's still a double charge of public mobile.  Over 30 days later and I'm still having to deal with this.  Do i charge back now that it's in billing or wait and let the bill marinate while the mods address the issue.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @naeem382

I will look into this for you and reply to your message. 

@Canis

I see that everything was taken cared of, is that right? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you please look at these 2 issues.

Canis
If your connecting to the network.  then in settings if using Android.
go to (i) About >  Phone Identity  : Along with other Info on your phone there should be the Phone number your cell is using.
Also in (i) About  >  Network  :  will show the network connection (Public Mobile or Telus) and the signal strength , etc and Servcie State.
good luck
------------------------------------------------------
@willmountain90 wrote:

Hey there,

I tried to port my number over last night to Public. I signed up and was charged $120 for the promo plan, but there doesn't seem to be a record of my number being a valid Public Mobile number yet, my phone doesn't show that it has a phone number but the SIM is connecting to the network. When I try to sign into my account, my information doesn't work, and when I try to reset my password, the email/username is not shown as valid.

naeem382
I have also this issue and then my wind sim show me unregistered sim I can't make call in and out

Rockdaddy22

ericchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to port my number but I haven't heard back from any of the Mods after messaging them. 

Every time I attempt to port my number I get the message: "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance" and I was never able to start the process.

Would someone help me with this?

jackjin127
Hi there. I am having problems porting from fido.please help. And tell me what do i need to do. Shilei

ceej

HI There,

Make sure you private message one of the moderators with the below information, when you message one Mod, any of the Mod's can respond back. :

1) Public Mobile account #

2) Public Mobile phone #

3) SIM card #

4) Old provider name and account # (if you're porting an old number)

5) Phone number you'd like to port (if you're porting an old number)

6) IMEI number of your device

They are extremely busy from the latest promotion, and there is a backlog. I had to wait approximately 14 days before they were able to fully address my situation. In addition, when I messaged a mod, it never said that it was read, however, they did eventually respond to it. 

It's hard to stay patient, however, it will be rewarding!

slyone

Need help porting,   says number Sorry, the number you entered is invalid.

Rockdaddy22
Porting after you cancelled? I hope you misspoke here.

@abejay wrote:

I need help! I ported my chatr number after my chatr service was canceled so it only partially ported. I contacted chatr and they explained why I was having problems (cant recieve calls) and gave me my Account # and told me to talk to Public Mobile and they will help you with the rest.

If you Chatr account is cancelled, you can't port your phone number.  The phone number must be active to transfer it to Public Mobile. 
I'm not sure how you "cancelled" your Chatr service.  There really is no usual way to cancel service at Chatr, other than not not apply a top up to the next month's bill.  If you account is in a suspended state, you may need to pay for another month's service for Chatr to consider it active.

Rockdaddy22
New customer don't qualify for phone support. Only old school grandfathered plans

Rockdaddy22
What number is that?

Bolado
+1-866-995-6636 Request to be sent to public mobile department

abejay

Hi!!

I need help! I ported my chatr number after my chatr service was canceled so it only partially ported. I contacted chatr and they explained why I was having problems (cant recieve calls) and gave me my Account # and told me to talk to Public Mobile and they will help you with the rest.

The problem is who do I talk to if there is no support number and I need to port ASAP ???????????

@Jeremy_M

????????

abejay

Hi!!

The problem is who do I talk to if there is no support number and I need to port ASAP ???????????

@Jeremy_M

Bolado
You can try power cycling your phone off and on.

Talhaa

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble sending texts. I can recieve incoming texts, send and recieve calls but no outgoing text with the exception of 1 or two texts out of the dozens i will try sending. Could it be a porting issue? Please help 😞

@Jeremy_M

Talhaa

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble sending texts. I can recieve incoming texts, send and recieve calls but no outgoing text with the exception of 1 or two texts out of the dozens i will try sending. Could it be a porting issue? Please help 😞

Rockdaddy22
They definitely will honor the promo in those circumstances.

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I haven't even contacted them yet b/c I know they're still swamped (hearing from the general unresponsiveness). I will contact them soon though, they seem to be still honouring the promotion for ppl who tried and failed before Nov 20.

34787Bob

I gave up trying to get the service I paid for via the mods.  I filed an online complaint via the CCTS .  Be polite and clearly articulate your complaint and what you want.  My issue was resolved within a few days and I actually spoke to a living breathing PM employee on the phone who resolved my issue on the spot and compensated me for my problems.  He acknowledged their forecast for the $120 promotion were way off and they were seeing 3x the number of forecasted activations for this promotion.

dewni
Are the mods putting more importance on getting more people set up than making sure the service actually works for those having issues? It's been another week without my number properly porting over, and having to carry a spare 2nd phone from work to ensure I can communicate with clients as my number is "deactivated" while I wait for porting and hoping the temporary one I had to make gets replaced.

ar_lo68
Yes I did nothing. I am 100% sure the activation process didn't goes thru cos the amount debited from my credit card is the amount before tax.

Rockdaddy22
Have tried the sim in your phone?

ar_lo68

I tried to activate my sim card, I tried to activate my sim card,upon filled up all info and prompt to activation page, the web displays server error:404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
mt credit card had been debited 76 dollars and nothing had been done . Please kindly advice what i should do?
😀

Need Help? Let's chat.