cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

GordS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way to get out of this giant mess? My wife has had no service since a failed port/acitvation Nov.1. My last 3 PM's to @Shazia_K still show not read. I hate to say it but it's just not worth it. Can I revert back to my old carrier without losing my number? Do I contact Wind to stop this porting fiasco? Please don't ask me to patient because this is no longer acceptable.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Perfect

JulesTop

Thanks @Shazia_K,

I have sent it!

I appreciate your help.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@JulesTop

please send it back 😉

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

skwarek

@Shazia_K just resend my pm to you. thanks 

JulesTop

Hi @Shazia_K,

If we have already private messaged a PM previously, should we send another one?

Thanks,

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys, 

I'm really sorry to hear about this! 

Can you send me back a private message with the following: 

PM Sim card #: 

Number to port: 

Account number with the previous provider: 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Myhrecory
Can't get incoming calls or texts from many people and my fido account is still active. I can call out and have data. Have PMd already. No response

Rockdaddy22
Waiting since Wednesday for what exactly, if you don't mind me asking. Did you send a private message Wednesday, has it been read?

daidogroup

I've been waiting since Friday as well.

Also, Jeremy_M isn't one of the community mods.  Tagging him won't help, and tagging more mods won't help if you've already sent a PM with all the required info.

Myhrecory
Nope. Been waiting since Wed night. Pretty **bleep**ty if you ask me!!

skwarek

anyone had any luck with PM getting back to them? I've been waiting since Friday. @Jeremy_M

Myhrecory
Still waiting for a reply from a pm. I think it was a bad port and they have to fix it on their end. I've been using google hangouts to text people

evelee5215

Hey all

I'm in the process of activating and switching over from Rogers.

Im able to fill in all of my info and the porting cell number information, but when I try to process the payment this message pops up "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help."

I've tried another 2 times to set up an account but I've keep getting the same message.

I decided to try again, but now I am unable to make it past the first Account Setup page because of the message "Invalid SIM"

I've troubleshooted by clearing my cache, using incognito mode and a different browser. 

Does anyone has any ideas on what I should try next?

Please and thank you!!

Eve 🙂

Kanadianguy2013
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

could you tell me how did you reslove the the same issue?

Myhrecory
Exact same problem i have hade for 5 days

Kanadianguy2013

I activated my sim card toady and paid through my credit card $134.40 for 90 days of service of 4GB data, Global texting and Province wide talking. however, I can see my phone is on Public Mobile net work and I have full signal strength as well. However, I cant do anything such as texting, voice calls or data. I am now without a phone but have already paid for services up to 90 days. 

Another issue is that I cant log on to my account using the email that used when I signed up for my services and activated my sim card. What can I do to resolve that issue ?

Can someone help me to resolve this issue. What can I do to get this going ?

SP

helpneeded

[RESOLVED] Messaged @Mary_M for activation issues.  Charged my credit card but received "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help." error. I can't have my phone down for long. Please fix this in a timely manner, thanks.

anilmani
I ported my Koodo telephone number to public mobile today. The first attempt resulted in the error message you must be authorized to port the number screen
What I did
Opened the porting page again (refresh the scree so that there is no data in the fields
Click the box in the I am authorized to change number
Yes, don't wait till you check eligibility. Do it before that
Fill my nuber to be ported field
Click check eligibility
No the webpage comes up with new fields asking old account, alternate phone, pin number , authorization name etc. Fill in all the fields. You will see the I am authorized to change had a tick mark already
Click continue
Wait for about half a minute
You will get an email from Koodo saying they are sad to see you go
And
Thw new web page stating the change of number was successful. That is it. Pretty straightforward

kry

Been 3 days and no reply to any of my PM.   I can't port my numbre from Koodo to Public.  I checked my other cell phone number to see if it's able to be ported and that one has no issue.  Some how numbers that originated from koodo won't let you port over through the self portal.  I am going to sell off my other 2 sim cards and stay with my current provider.

holly803

Messaged @Mary_M  to have my koodoo number ported over. thanks

holly_s

Hi,

I tried to activate my SIM to a brand new number and received the message:

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Looks like my Credit Card was charged and I received a welcome email although the autopay date is incorrect (Dec. 1, 2016) and I'm unable to logon to the self-serve site with my email address and password.

I will be porting over a Telus number, but created a new number in case this happened so I could still use my current Telus account. So I have not installed the new PM SIM card in my phone, is that ok, or...??? It's a good deal, so I'm ok waiting it out.

Thanks! 

Holly

Bobpop
Exactly the same problem for me.... I guess all we can do is wait...

marymm88

I am also having the same problem where I received an error during the activation stage.

am porting over from Rogersbut I received an error message as I was completing my activation. However I did receive an activation detail e-mail. When I try to use any Public Mobile service (texting/calling) it says talk or text is not included in my plan.  I can't seem to be able to log onto my account profile either.  

Need your assistance to set my account up and porting my phone number from Rogers.

Rockdaddy22
That's great news, thanks for the update. I wonder what happened?

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Port finally completed around 5 AM this morning.

Rockdaddy22
That's perfect, thanks for the update

jckc

I got the sim working now, thanks!

Rockdaddy22
That's great news@Spiro thanks for sharing.
Need Help? Let's chat.