cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My point redemption does not work - many tries .

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

29 REPLIES 29

BEER

@BEER   Yes, still oops... but  keep pasting this link to the browser address after you login, I tried it 3 times and it works

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/myrewards/dashboard

BEER

Now a week later - with a clean browser - etc etc ... I'm still getting --

Oops!

Something went wrong
This page is currently unavailable or down for maintenance. Return

BEER

@Meow wrote:

There is no reason why you should Not be able to top up your grandfathered plan.

With such messages I would suggest to use different browser or incognito mode. Sometimes PM web pages behave strangely.

You can always try adding funds with vouchers if that is convenient to you. I hope this is not a way to discourage people to abandon old plan and upgrade. You know your plan cost has increased to $13, don't you?

Two more cycles at only $10 - Price increase after April 28.

@BEER 

So like buying an add on but not and with points but basically the same thing but only one step instead of two because you can't top up your points balance with your credit card?!!😁

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BEER

Very simple - assuming that there is no glitch -

Just click on My rewards  - log in - then on the centre of the page click on Browse Catalogue -----------There you can select what you wish to redeem from Plan credit to purchasing add ons.

Also of interest is that now with the point system add ons cost less for example.

300 International Long Distance Minutes

$15

10 points= $10

1 GB Data

$15

10 points= $10

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴

$15

10 points= $10

BEER

@dabr wrote:

@BEER   Glad you've finally been able to redeem your points, but if the issue was just a glitch on the website, perhaps the solution should go to the first user suggesting to wait and retry with a clean browser?

And who was that?

I don't think that cleaning browser etc had anything to do with it. I had done this several times before to no avail. Perhaps the server was overloaded from too many redeeming points at one time or something like that. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER   Glad you've finally been able to redeem your points, but if the issue was just a glitch on the website, perhaps the solution should go to the first user suggesting to wait and retry with a clean browser?

@BEER 

Sorry but you are the guinea pig in this situation. There are exceptionally few community members that can help you. Maybe @killer23d  has done a points redemption? Otherwise contact customer support?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BEER
UPDATE - -------FINALLY !
$15 Bill Credit
Thank you for redeeming
Beer_0-1648407852700.png

BEER

@Spudster wrote:

YUP @BEER 

I can only imagine the new points system is less than ideal, especially for those of us accustomed to the now 'old' reward system.

Perhaps they're just doing their normal 'weekend' maintenance and the system will be up and going again in a few hours or something.

I could never understand why they tend to do week-end maintenance on their backend systems when that's the time most users are likely taking care of that kinda stuff ....  🤔

This situation is happening 7 days a week -- I have just cleared my cache - rebooted - downloaded Fire Fox - cleared history and tried again. Tried with Firefox and then again with Safari and this is what I get --

$15 Bill Credit

15 pts
You have enough points!

Oops!

There was an error processing your redemption.
This may be due to a system error.
Here are a few things you can try. Try Redeeming again.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER     Someone I know who activated after the new points were introduced said there was no problem with redeeming their 15 points but it did take a couple of days before they saw it in their account. 

It does seem maybe it's the website/webpage glitch that many users have been experiencing over the last couple days or so for you, so waiting and retrying with a clean browser as already suggested should, hopefully, work.

My $10 plan renewed from balance without incident last night.

The proposed price change isn't until the end of April.

I don't know how to convert points into balance though.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

You must agree that this PM thing is getting to be a major pain.

I see so many posts people asking help regarding restarting service, not being able to log in, web page does not work, not being able to pay, etc.

I do not mind helping but PM should really fix all these little annoyances to make every customer happy. And happy customer will bring few new customers while unhappy will take away way more than a few...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully that resolves for you as I would like to know how smooth (or not smooth) redeeming the 15 off bill reward is. If it keeps giving you grief, hopefully an agent can at least manually add it for you.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

YUP @BEER 

I can only imagine the new points system is less than ideal, especially for those of us accustomed to the now 'old' reward system.

Perhaps they're just doing their normal 'weekend' maintenance and the system will be up and going again in a few hours or something.

I could never understand why they tend to do week-end maintenance on their backend systems when that's the time most users are likely taking care of that kinda stuff ....  🤔

BEER

@Spudster wrote:

@BEER 

Try:

1. clearing cache and cookies
  2. using incognito tab
  3. a completely different browser on a different device

Alternatively, try adding $13, then reactivate.   

Then try using lost/stolen function, log off, then log on, and remove the lost/stolen function.

I'm guessing one of the above will get you going!!!

You must agree that this PM thing is getting to be a major pain. All was well when I had auto payment active but since the new point system that has no benefits to auto pay - I removed it . I just want to start using my points but all I get is the Oops message.

Spudster

@BEER 

I'd choose a manual top-up from a registered payment card in an amount of $13 or higher.

Isn't the $10 plan (soon going) to be $13?   Maybe the 'system' is expecting that amount even though it reads $10???

BEER

@Meow wrote:

There is no reason why you should Not be able to top up your grandfathered plan.

With such messages I would suggest to use different browser or incognito mode. Sometimes PM web pages behave strangely.

You can always try adding funds with vouchers if that is convenient to you. I hope this is not a way to discourage people to abandon old plan and upgrade. You know your plan cost has increased to $13, don't you?

I'm trying to redeem 15 points towards my $10 payment.

• Your plan expired on Mar 5, 2022.
  • Top up before Jun 3, 2022 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $0.00
  • Amount Due: $10.00

Spudster

@BEER 

Try:

1. clearing cache and cookies
  2. using incognito tab
  3. a completely different browser on a different device

Alternatively, try adding $13, then reactivate.   

Then try using lost/stolen function, log off, then log on, and remove the lost/stolen function.

I'm guessing one of the above will get you going!!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

BEER

Have been trying for more then 2 weeks  to top up $10 plan but I keep on getting  "Oops!" ----- My account is not de-activated - cut and pasting below ------

• Your plan expired on Mar 5, 2022.
  • Top up before Jun 3, 2022 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $0.00
  • Amount Due: $10.00

Oops!

There was an error processing your redemption.
This may be due to a system error.
Here are a few things you can try. Try Redeeming again.
UPDATE - -------FINALLY !
$15 Bill Credit
Thank you for redeeming
Ways_to_redem_544x544_PinePark-Lower_Your_Bill-1.png

BEER

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hey, you're "clearing cash", feel free to send it my way @BEER 

🤣🤣

I would recommend trying a completely different browser on a completely different device.   Also, are you redeeming the minimum points required under the program?

EDIT:

Check this out @BEER 

Public Points Catalogue (publicmobile.ca)

Cash - cache -- ha ha .. just for the humour and good suggestion will Accept as Solution.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Do you need @BEER to help you out? Lol....sorry I couldn't resist! But I am pretty sure @J_PM  explained everything in her post when redeeming points?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would always try different browser first. Plus try force refresh.

Force-refreshing a page will clear that page's cache, allowing you to see the most recent version of the page as opposed to any information your browser saved in the past: CTRL+F5 or Ctrl+refresh icon.

You know you have to have minimum number of points (15) before any redemption.

Lovely week-end 'maintenance' issues @BEER 

Seems self-serve isn't the only systems that take week-end breaks just when most users actually are taking the time to manage some of their accounts and services.

Ain't it awesome!!??

BEER

@softech wrote:

HI @BEER   Even the Community site is acting funny at the moment.. a lot of oops here, too.  Maybe wait a bit if you are not in a rush? or as @HALIMACS  said, different browser, different device could help

I have tried everything possible -- cut and paste below the latest -

Oops!

Something went wrong
This page is currently unavailable or down for maintenance. Return

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER   Even the Community site is acting funny at the moment.. a lot of oops here, too.  Maybe wait a bit if you are not in a rush? or as @HALIMACS  said, different browser, different device could help

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hey, you're "clearing cash", feel free to send it my way @BEER 

🤣🤣

I would recommend trying a completely different browser on a completely different device.   Also, are you redeeming the minimum points required under the program?

EDIT:

Check this out @BEER 

Public Points Catalogue (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.