cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SMS texts are not showing the right number

LSBH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently joined PM and then ported over my phone number. I'm having an issue, as my phone calls are correctly showing up with my ported number, but my texts are still coming from my temporary PM number. Thus, my contacts are not recognizing my texts. When I look at my account, it only shows my ported number, so I'm not sure what is happening. Need some help, please!  Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LSBH 

enable/disable chat features in your text message app. reset the network settings and restart the device 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LSBH    Did rebooting fix the problem? 

Another thing to try is to power off the phone and remove the SIM and put it into another phone and reboot (if you have a compatible spare handy), then return the SIM to your phone and reboot.

LSBH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, that's right: they call me, and the number is right. But when I text them, it shows as my temporary PM number. It's an Android, but I'll try and restart (I did after the port) again. Thx!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So when you call someone they see your proper number? When someone calls you it rings to your phone? When someone texts you it gets to you? When you text someone they see your temporary number? Maybe restart the phone. iphone?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Better to safe and have good service, then be sorry 😐

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LSBH   no worry about sim card provisioning, if it is, you won't be able to connect to PM network at all and won't be able to make calls or send text

🙂

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If your calls are showing correct number, porting was successful. As for SMS I would say give it some time. I guess you did reboot your phone (few times)?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@LSBH   Maybe it's a provisioning issue with your Sim card.

Contact a PM Support Rep and have them look into it for you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LSBH   it could be a problem with porting

Did you receive a text from your old provider and did you reply Yes?

There is a number you can call to talk to live support.  i will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.