cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer number unsuccessful

kev76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can anybody help. Ive waited 5 hrs already to port my number from rogers over and nothing still.

12 REPLIES 12

@kev76 

do you see the PM sim connected to Public Mobile network? I guess you already tried reboot your phone?

do you have another phone to test the sim?

but it looks like the sim and account not properly provisioned.  It should be an easy fix for PM support, and you just need to engage them.  Please message them directly at :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

kev76

i get that but im not making or receiving calls from that number.  

kev76

no i cant make any calls. It says i made a outgoing call but that coming from my phone which is strange

@kev76 wrote:

I downloaded the app on another phone instead of the phone i want the number to be transferred to from rogers. Did that mess up the process? its been way over 5hrs and my usage says ive made 7 outcalls to this telus number. Help.. 

I understand from your other messgae that you have no service all on your Public Mobile service?  If that is correct, the service on your Public Mobiel account has not been set up properly.   Please contact a Public Mobile customers support agent by opening a ticket using the chatbot.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@BKNS27 wrote:

@kev76 

Did you make a call to your voicemail?

That is the voicemail box number.

From Kev76's previous reply, you'll see that the person doesn't have any service and thus would have no way to call that number form the cell phone.

@kev76 wrote:

i just did that. purchased a new esim. i checked my usage and it says ive made several outcalls to this same number 1 (778) 580-4001. how is that possible when i have no service

One does not have to make a call to that number for it to show up int he call logs.  Although the usage details list it as an outgoing call, that information will also get displayed if someone calls you and the call gets directed to voicemail (even if no voice message is left).  it's not actually an outgoing phone call.

@kev76 

Did you make a call to your voicemail?

That is the voicemail box number.

kev76

i just did that. purchased a new esim. i checked my usage and it says ive made several outcalls to this same number 1 (778) 580-4001. how is that possible when i have no service

@kev76 

If it is a SIM you activated on the other phone. It is fine, you can just pop out the SIM and put it in the phone you want it to be then just login your account on the PM app or on the website to manage your account.

If you activated an eSIM on the other phone, you need to the PM app then  purchase a new eSIM on the phone you want it to be.

kev76

I downloaded the app on another phone instead of the phone i want the number to be transferred to from rogers. Did that mess up the process? its been way over 5hrs and my usage says ive made 7 outcalls to this telus number. Help.. 

kev76

yes 

@kev76 wrote:

can anybody help. Ive waited 5 hrs already to port my number from rogers over and nothing still.

Did you reply to a text message from Rogers to approve the phone nubmer transfer?  Your Rogers SIM card needs to be in your phone to be able to do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.