cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on new $40 30 day 5GB unlimited Canada call/text on 4G

apearse
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I currently have the old (very old) $120 3 month 12GB unlimited provincial talk / international text with LTE.  I have several loyalty and other perks that drive my bill down to 30 and change. Will changing my plan reset any of those perks? The way I see it currently is new plan moves from 90 days to 30 days, 5 GB vs 4 GB and I get canada wide calling. Am I missing something? Thoughts, comments would be appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

apearse

Sorry Dust, I was a bit vague, I have about 11 or 12 bucks a month in "rewards", so it will cost me that same ($30.45) a month. The rewards of $30+ were over the 90 day plan.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You have $90 (average $30 per 30 days) in rewards?! Or is it $10 average ($30 for 90 days) for 30 days?

So that plan is provincial calling with average 4gigs of data for average $40 per 30 days.

A current offer is Canada-wide calling with 20gigs of data for $45. Or 15gigs of data for $40. Then your 30 days rewards (1/3 of what you get now) will reduce that.

apearse

Thanks all and Halimac, thanks for the confirmation. I have made the change (with two days to go 😉

Thanks again all, don't get on here often anymore but I love the community and the level (plus quality) of responses. You guys rock!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Nope, @apearse , you've pretty well hit the nail on the head.

Unless you want the flexibility to use your data anytime during your 90-day cycle, moving to the $40 15GB plan seems like a great idea.

PLUS, you get Canada-wide calling wherein you can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere else in Canada.

And whatever you do, @apearse , DO NOT opt in to the newer Public Points program.  You'll lose all your loyalty and auto-pay reward benefits and you'll not be able to revert back.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@apearse 

Changing plan does not change your rewards.

If you pay  around $30 for your $120 90 days plan every 90 days, you have about $30 rewards every 30 days.

After plan change to a 30 days plan, you still get $30 rewards very 30 days and you will be paying $10 per 30 days for your new plan.

Detailed calculation

Pay $30 for $120 plan = $120 - $30 = $90 per 90 days.

Therefore, you have $90/3 = $30 rewards per 30 days.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@apearse   Your right about all the differences , so switching would be beneficial to you for sure.

And don't worry about your current rewards and add ons, you won't lose any of them.   They are attached to your account and not the plan you have.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@apearse 

There is a limited plan offer of 15 GB for $40 or 20 GB for $45 in self service. All rewards and loyalty will remain if you make  the switch. If you do make a plan change choose change on next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.