cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money back

Jme13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased a roaming package for talk and text in the USA as well as a data package totalling 35 dollars. I did not get to use it, there was almost no service in 3 states. I want my money back, not just poor service, almost inexistent. 

who do I contact before I leave mobile for its horrible reception and  always having to jump through 20mins minimum of hoops just to try to submit tickets. 

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jme13

What 3 states were you visiting? If you take the talk portion out of the equation (as this is the only feature affected by the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US) how was your texting and data services? T-Mobile offers excellent coverage in urban areas however their coverage in rural areas can be spotty and is reflected in their nationwide coverage of 62% just behind At&t's 68% national coverage (who it appears is no longer pm's roaming partner?). Voice services are currently provided on T-Mobile's 2G network where available.

Federal regulators in the US do not require the same kind of coverage as the CRTC mandates for Canadian network providers so you will find a significant difference in coverage depending on where you are traveling. Public mobile can offer you roaming services but they are limited to the coverage that their roaming partners offer their own customers. While you can ask for a credit for the talk portion of your roaming add ons don't expect a credit for the data and text portions just because you were unable to connect to the 4G LTE network in areas where it simply does not exist. One of the reasons the big three in Canada like to claim we have to pay so much more for our mobile services is because they boast that Canada has the best nation wide coverage and data speeds in the world. Customers roaming outside of Canada have to temper their mobile service expectations as they do not measure up to the mobile service they recieve at home.

Here's T-Mobile's coverage map....

Screenshot_20230102_180853_Chrome~2.jpg

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Coverage

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jme13 

Since the decommissioning of the 3G network in the USA, public mobile has been quite lenient with respect to its US data add-ons.

Some customers have success, while others don’t.

I am confident they will be agreeable with a refund of the payment for the cost of the add-on into your available funds for future use.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Jme13 

To make a request for that, you'll have to reach out to a Customer Support Agent and ask for help with that.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jme13 @Unfortunately I don’t think there’s is a money back guarantee, but you can contact the powers to be and see if any exceptions can be made in your case 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jme13 yes it is possible.   Usually Agent will make the refund.  Please open ticket with CS agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.