cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls are not coming with IOS 15.7 and LTE. however its working with 3G

deysomnath2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Incoming calls are not coming with IOS 15.7 and LTE. However its working with 3G. I have iphone 6s and iphone 11 and both of them have the same issue.

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@deysomnath2014   it is likely not the update of the iOS caused the network issue

But on a safe side, make sure your Carrier profile is updated.  (It did happen before that the Carrier profile was incompatible with an iOS beta version, that issue was only fixed after another iOS update which fixed the Carrier profile issue)

I suggest  you try to change it back to LTE and try incoming calls in different part of the city to see if you see any difference.  If could be just a network issue on a particular location.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@deysomnath2014 

Are you saying that when you have the autoconnect setting for your network mode set that your incoming calls are going to voicemail? However if your network mode is set to 3G your incoming calls are recieved as normal? Are outgoing calls unaffected?

If so then this is a cell tower issue in your area likely caused by equipment upgrades and /or maintenance. This should be a temporary issue lasting no more than a few weeks. Periodically changing back to the autoconnect setting to see if it has cleared up is prudent. If it doesn't clear up then your local tower could have had the 3G network eliminated in favour of your the 5G network. It would be a matter of waiting for pm to enable VoLTE calling for its customers which is expected to be implemented in the very near future. You can also check the bands your local tower(s) currently carry here....

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=43.674863&lng=-79.557343&zoom=15&type=Road...

@deysomnath2014 

You should probably reach out to a Customer Support Agent and have them look into your sim card and provisions for it .

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

The link is at the bottom of this page.

If you have trouble getting a service ticket started, then send a private message to CS_Agent

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@deysomnath2014 

The phone calls were probably more stable with the older version of your operating system.

@deysomnath2014 @But if your plan is 4G I’d leave net work setting on 4G otherwise your internet speed will be slower and you calls will still only be on 3G

deysomnath2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It was working good before ios version 14.. recently i notice this issue. i have change cellularDataOption>voice & data to 3G instead of LTE

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@deysomnath2014 

Phone calls at Public Mobile use the 3G network.

Data and everything else uses the LTE network throttled down to 3g speeds. ( That's if you have the 3g plan)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@deysomnath2014 @Maybe you need to update your iOS software to 16.2

edit all calls on public is thru 3G and internet should be 4G /LTE

Need Help? Let's chat.