cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, can't access account

Fouche
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I lost my phone, and it causes me to be unable to access my public mobile account, because when I enter my email and password the system still wants to authentify me by sending a code to my phone.

Please help. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Fouche 

Not sure if you are still unable to access your account.

Here is the announcement of this problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Troubleshooting-Login-Issues-OTP-2FA-Ever...

You could try work around #4 in the above announcement:

Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

This worked for another person to gain access to their account. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fouche 

If you have not created an EverSafe ID yet, then, you won't be able to create the ID on the new My Account without the a working phone with a working PM sim.  

Please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Please Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Fouche   Yes, if you have not enrolled with the new login just introduced last week, you won't be able to access My Account.  Please submit ticket with CS agent.  Chatbot is not working now, so message them:

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fouche 

You can have the 2FA code sent by email, text or call. Just hit Resend Code and it will give you these options but you need to register on Eversafe ID first.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fouche  Contact support to report it lost stolen or you can also dial *611 also 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.